It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Reoccuring Lyme and/or Cos

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
    trim88
    (female)

trim88 HB User
    Reoccuring Lyme and/or Cos

My now 17 year old son was treated for lyme and babs in 2006-2008 (age 9-10) and I also was treated for it plus I also had bartonella (I was CDC positive and he wasn't). We were treated by different doctors due to my son's age and my LLMD could not treat him. I was very happy with both doctors and their extensive knowledge of the disease(s)

In the last few months my son developed depression, anxiety, irritability/anger, adhd, chronic sinusitis, occassional headaches and shooting pains, twitching, fatigue, staph infections of the skin, gluten sensitivity (positive through entero) and cognitive issues.

Most of this became worse over the last 6 months. He is iodine and b1 deficient (thyroid tests are normal). He is an athlete and has always been a good student. Since starting his senior year in the fall he has hated school (due to the adhd that just got diagnosed) and is not enjoying all the fun things that he normally would as a senior.

The staph infections, getting bit by a dog and receiving his 2nd meningitis vaccine all make me wonder if any of those have anything to do with his issues. He has always been a lover of life and still is trying to be that way.

He did not have all these neuropsych symptoms when treated 2006-2008. He did Doxy and malarone during those 2 years. I did a more aggressive treatment and am ok now.

I took him back to his Lyme doctor in Dec. and we will see him again next week to go over all the results. His Igenex results are as follows:

IGM
    30 +
    31 IND
    39 IND
    41 IND
    58+
    66+
    83-93 IND

IGG
    39 IND
    41++

Thoughts are welcomed. Bartonella? Babs? No sweats though. His bart and babs came back negative on a LabCorp test so I don't know if we will retest these through Igenex or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2015, 04:13 AM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: Reoccuring Lyme and/or Cos

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your son's possible relapse. I know that this is not uncommon, especially if not treated long enough or with the right potions to get at the bugs in all their stages. You say he was/is seeing an LLMD so I don't want to second guess. Good that he is going to be reevaluated. I would definitely opt for Igenex over LabCorp for testing, though.

The only other thing that pops out for me is the Meningitis Vaccine he was given. I'm sure you know there are many side effects that can occur with this (and all) vaccines. These side effects can be severe. Did your LLMD suggest that he have this? If so, why?

Let us know what you find out after your son's next doc visit. Wishing you all the best with this.

Tess

Old 01-23-2015, 06:09 AM   #3
    trim88
    (female)

trim88 HB User

Thank you for your reply. His western blot was through Igenex but the others were not. No, his LLMD did not suggest the vaccine. It is a shot they need for college and I didn't think twice about it for some reason. He had the first one in 2010 and the second June 2014. It was after the shot that I noticed all the mood issues. His LLMD does not like any vaccines. I know we don't do the flu shots because they always brought my symptoms back out.

When you feel good after being treated for Lyme I think many of us just don't second guess it and want to believe we are "healed". No news is good news! When all these weird things started happening it still didn't click until this Fall that his lyme could be back. His symptoms are a bit different than when he was younger.
    The vaccine may have just brought inactive lyme/cos to the surface. I guess I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with vaccines or reoccuring staph infections of the skin. I do have complete faith in his LLMD but the waiting is tough in between appts.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:52 AM   #4
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Hi, sorry for what your son is going through.

There are many Mom's not getting their kids vaccines anymore. There are ways of fighting it.

I had reaction to the flu vaccine back in 97. Never again will I do a vaccine. They only lower our immune system more. And if you read up on them, they have so much crap in them, that aren't good for any human.

I have seen 3 doctors out side of main stream western med. They aren't lining anyone's pockets. And all 3 are against vaccines.

I have had chronic meningitis since the 90's. I've had many, many mental issues because of it. Finally after all these years I had one homeopath figure it out a few months back.

Just my opinion, but sounds as though the vaccine either caused this reaction and or stirred up the critters in him again. Or both!

They say we are never cured of this but can raise the immune system and put it in remission.

On the test IND means positive bands. To a LLMD

Even threw Igenex you can get false negatives. So the reason to see a LLMD to go on clinical evaluation.

Tests aren't accurate for co's either. Too many strains and the labs don't test for them all.

There are ways of detoxing the body. I know Mom's that have done this after learning about vaccines.

Hope he feels better soon!

Jodie

Old 01-25-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
    trim88
    (female)

trim88 HB User

Thank you for your response. I am beating myself up about getting him the vaccination but never thought twice about it since he was ok after the 1st one in 2010. His LLMD is against vaccines too but I never recall a discussion about them in 2006-2008 except we agreed the flu shot was not good. I had problems with the flu shot and I am a lyme victim/survivor!?

I am anxious to hear what his LLMD says about all his results. I really don't want him to have to go back on treatment. The cognitive/neuropsych symptoms are worrisome. I feel like bartonella is a possibility even though he doesn't have some of the symptoms or maybe his babs has resurfaced. Again thank you for your insight!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: trim88
    J0J0 (01-25-2015),tess201 (01-26-2015)
    Closed Thread