It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphedema Message Board

• swollen nodes with rash. help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
    12threefour
    (female)

12threefour HB User
    swollen nodes with rash. help!

I have had issues with swollen lymph nodes for about 6 years now. I was told by my doctor that it is nothing to concerned about. There is a large lump protruding from my underarm, about the size of a golf ball cut in half and placed under the skin. The series of swollen nodes are not hard, but I can feel small knots that no doctor can seem to find. The size of the lump makes moving the (right) arm very uncomfortable.

I have recently become pregnant and the lump has increased in size and irritation. Directly above and below the lump are areas of skin that have folded over on themselves and don't get much air, even when I lift my arm. Over the course of two weeks very itchy dry patches have developed in both areas. I have tried not to scratch at them but it is very irritating. After some time scratching at the patches, they start to secrete a clear and sticky liquid. Like corn syrup. The liquid doesnt dry fast and sticks to the top of my arm pit making it even more uncomfortable.

As a precaution, I stopped shaving and wearing deodorant. I also try to keep the area as dry as possible. But there has been no relief in the time that I stopped using these products. I was wondering what this may be and if there is anything I can do to treat it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread