It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Visible swollen lymph nodes in groin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-03-2015, 07:25 AM   #1
    Colette44287
    (female)

Colette44287 HB User
    Question Visible swollen lymph nodes in groin

So, I have noticed persistently swollen lymph nodes in my leg crease area for about a year. The largest feels grape-sized. I'm not a big worrier and intermittently forgot about them so can't say for sure whether or not they went away in between.
    I know there are many causes for swollen lymph nodes, and that the ones in the groin can be larger than elsewhere in the body, but I can clearly see them now and can't find any information online that suggests this is normal.
    I'm a little underweight, and it's normal for me to feel my lymph nodes in various places on my body. I've recently lost some weight, so maybe being able to see the nodes is related to that rather than new growth or swelling? I'm only a bit underweight though, so I feel like if that's the reason there would be plenty of other people noticing the same thing.
    Does anyone else have visible lymph nodes in the groin area?

(Additional info: Mine are neither rock-hard, nor squishy. I don't feel any pain or tenderness, but I have PTSD-related difficulty noticing pain and physical sensation so that doesn't mean a lot. I have frequent respiratory infections but I was under the impression that swollen lymph nodes in a single area indicate infection in that same area. Plus they don't seem to be affected by courses of antibiotics or fluctuate between infections. The lymph nodes in my groin feel at least 4 or 5 times bigger than those in my armpits. I would probably just have a doctor check them out to ease my mind but the fear of being examined by a doctor greatly outweighs my current worry about the nodes (PTSD again). I am not sexually active and don't believe an STD could be to blame. I am in my early 20s.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2015, 12:44 AM   #2
    chem
    (male)

chem HB User
    Re: Visible swollen lymph nodes in groin

I have small pea size lymph nodes in my groin some smaller been there for 8 + years. I'm not to worried about those cause been so long, but have one in armpit that in 2 cms I'm concerned about kinda opposite. Can you feel yours in armpit or neck at all. I'm 22

Last edited by chem; 11-11-2015 at 12:45 AM.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:52 AM   #3
    Colette44287
    (female)

Colette44287 HB User

Yep, can feel them in both those places as well. I don't think feeling them or feeling them be a bit big or swollen is a problem in itself, as long as you keep an eye on them and they go back down over a few weeks. And even if they don't, it's not necassrily cause for concern, but worth checking out with a doctor. (I'm 22, too��)

Old 11-11-2015, 01:34 PM   #4
    chem
    (male)

chem HB User

Yeah mine are all under pea size which is normal right ?, only weird one is armpit which isn't growing but isn't going down

Closed Thread

Tags
    lumps, lymph node groin, lymph nodes, underweight, weight loss