It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Link between Epstein-barr and malignancy?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-30-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
    Waterfall68
    (female)

Waterfall68 HB User
    Link between Epstein-barr and malignancy?

Hi everyone, I am new to this board and going through some health issues.

About four months ago, I noticed my neck hurting more than usual and felt many muscle knots. I have degenerative disc disease so I didn't think much of it. My pain doctor did an MRI of the cervical spine and it did show worsening of the foramial stenosis and offered epidural injections. Okay, that sucks but oh well.

About a month ago I woke up with the worst headache of my life. I went to my primary who ordered a ct scan of my head. It showed a marked opacity in my right sphenoid sinus. He said it was probably an infection and I took a course of antibiotics.

I was not feeling better so I went back in. I was told the "muscle knots" were actually enlarged lymph nodes. They are in the back and sides of my neck. I was given another round of antibiotics and they ran some blood tests. My rbc was low and the epstein barr Virus Capsid Ag IgG Ab was high at 600 (normal is under 20). They said this indicated a past mono infection.

My mind is working overtime here. I've lost quite a bit of weight, I'm having night sweats, I am absolutely exhausted and I can barely function. I have read that the epstein-barr IgG can indicate lymphoma or nasalpharengeal cancer. I'm having a sinus ct tomorrow to see if it's liquid or solid. I have never been anemic before and I don't remember ever having mono. I definitely do not feel like myself.

Has anyone ever had a positive epstein-barr blood test then later was diagnosed with cancer? Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2016, 09:48 AM   #2
    Katcatflower
    (female)

Katcatflower HB User
    Re: Link between Epstein-barr and malignancy?

Yes, I had mononucleosis when I was sixteen then diognosed with Epstein Barr virus when I was twenty-six and now at 56 years old diognosed with stage IV Non-Hodgkin's in all my nodes and multiple bone marrow.

Closed Thread

Tags
    epstein-barr, lymph nodes, lymphoma, night sweats