It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Hodgkin's Enlarged lit up Thymus on PET

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-04-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
    Suse895
    (female)

Suse895 HB User
    Enlarged lit up Thymus on PET

Hi everyone!

I am in remission for a second time of Hodgkins lymphoma. I'm a year out from my Stem-cell transplant. Both times of being diagnosed I was not symptomatic. No night sweats, weightloss or fevers. The only thing that indicated illness was my swollen node (that hurt) in my neck, and the second time was sever back pain when drinking alcohol. Anyways....I just had a recent routine PET scan and my thymus lit up and was enlarged. My sinuses and throat also lit up. I had a CT scan following that on my thymus and it showed no nodular make up. My doctors said it could be an infection but they couldn't 100% say what it could be. When I relapsed they told me the same thing and it ended up being stage 4 because not only was it in my thymus, but my spine and lungs as well.

They're waiting another month for another PET but my doctors are acting like it isn't a big deal because I have no symptoms...when I never have! It's all concerning to me so any advice will help. I looked up the chances of another relapse after a stem-cell transplant and it said it was 50% so that isn't making me feel any better either. Any advice from fellow cancer survivors would help!

--Nicole

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread