It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• checking in for those posting from the sister site Cancer Network

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-31-2019, 10:14 AM   #1
    johnr11
    (male)

johnr11 has disabled reputation
    checking in for those posting from the sister site Cancer Network

Hi to all and especially those who posted on the cancer network lymphoma forum and are seeking ongoing support, I have transferred across to try to continue the support you all found on the site and got used to having. We have been advised that the way we used the old forum can continue here even though the rules infer different and that's been confirmed by the Prostate group who have moved over to.

Those who know me from the old site will know johnr, (moderator) that was not available so I am now johnr11.

Just to introduce myself I had DLBC NHL stage 4b and after 8 rounds of rchop achieved remission so am here to help, share my experience and support where and when appropriate.

Anyone who has moved over please say hi and I will know who else has moved over, as you can see this is a quiet group, but I will be logging in on a regular basis to check in.

John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2019, 11:23 AM   #2
    lisab62
    (female)

lisab62 HB User
    Re: checking in for those posting from the sister site Cancer Network

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnr11 View Post
    Hi to all and especially those who posted on the cancer network lymphoma forum and are seeking ongoing support, I have transferred across to try to continue the support you all found on the site and got used to having. We have been advised that the way we used the old forum can continue here even though the rules infer different and that's been confirmed by the Prostate group who have moved over to.

Those who know me from the old site will know johnr, (moderator) that was not available so I am now johnr11.

Just to introduce myself I had DLBC NHL stage 4b and after 8 rounds of rchop achieved remission so am here to help, share my experience and support where and when appropriate.

Anyone who has moved over please say hi and I will know who else has moved over, as you can see this is a quiet group, but I will be logging in on a regular basis to check in.

John
    Hi John, Lisa here from cancerforums.net. Tried signing in one last time but it redirected me here. Saw you posted so i wanted to say Hello.

I do not think i will be around here much as the LC forum has virtually little to none activity but i may pop in once in a while but only as a member not a Admin/Mod on the other site.

Be well and Happy New Year

Lisa

Old 12-31-2019, 11:55 AM   #3
    johnr11
    (male)

Hi Lisa, good to hear from you, I too tried one last login and got redirected so thought it best to put a welcome post up for those that do try this site.
    As you can see its a quiet group to and mainly used by worried posters, which we know well. We will see how it goes and good to see some of the others here to and the prostate group seems to be flying.

take care and stay well

John

Old 12-31-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
    PBLz

PBLz HB User

Hi John and Lisa,

I'm here too… I had initially considered not making the move, but just followed the example set by the PC group after their first queries turned out to be successful.

Maybe I'll find some way of making myself useful - who knows?

I do hope others will also end up migrating now that the old board has vanished into thin air.

Happy and Healthy New Year to you both and to all who read this!

PBL

Old 12-31-2019, 05:06 PM   #5
    mollyg11
    (female)

mollyg11 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnr11 View Post

John
    Hi John: I landed from the detour as well. Joined the sister site too late to post, but was a reader for a long time and learned so much. Grateful to those who shared their experiences and wisdom. I am a Follicular NHL patient with a fairly typical history Rads x 20 (2011) then watch and wait for 7 years, in 2019 underwent B&R x 6 with complete response. Something different is that I am not having the usual maintenance B&R. That is ok with me. Time will tell as we are back to watch and wait.. Doing well. Hope to see others show up here. mollyg11

Old 01-01-2020, 06:25 AM   #6
    johnr11
    (male)

Hi PBL and mollyg11

PBL - I am sure you can be helpful as you were on the old site, the million dollar question is how much traffic will this group have as I am not so sure many will migrate over. I joined so that the will be initial support if people do start posting, but will will miss the wealth of knowledge we had with the others and I know some are certainly not planning on using the site.

mollyg11 - good to read you benefited from the old site and that you have completed treatment and are in remission enjoy watch and wait and here's to a long remission. As and when you need advice or support hopefully one of us will be around and its still early days so we will see who does sign up here from the old group.

happy 2020 to you both and Lisa

Old 01-01-2020, 07:53 AM   #7
    PBLz

PBLz HB User

Well, there is not much choice but to try, is there? The loss in terms of accumulated knowledge is undoubtedly irreplaceable - at least completely - of course. My hope is that if things start moving in a positive way in our new "fish tank", perhaps others will consent to join us after an appropriate grieving/mourning/sulking period . It was, after all, a hard blow to our little community and especially to those among us who had invested many years into building that wealth of knowledge. But I believe the PC guys have got it right in considering that rapidly moving on and moving over en masse may be our best bet towards rebuilding what has been destroyed for the benefit of all concerned.

Old 01-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #8
    lisab62
    (female)

lisab62 HB User

Hello PBL and see you migrated over. While i was not a contributing member on the Lymphoma site, i was very active with LC and the worried forums as a moderator.

Hoping some will follow and that at the very least, this forum can gather some traction but time will tell. The make up of this site is vastly different then the other which in my opinion was more intimate and focused on an actual diagnosis and not just Worried posters. This site seems to lump all together which as we know, is not what we were all used to.

I do not know how long i will stick around but time will tell. Don't know if i can support this site with any value. It is just too all over the place but will give it a shot.

Happy New Year

Lisa

Old 01-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #9
    PBLz

PBLz HB User

Hi Lisa,

Of course, what you say is very true, and as I stated myself, I was initially put off by the idea… No one can tell how this will turn out at this point, but we might as well give it a try. Your vast experience with the LC and Worried forums shouldn't go to waste, and could become useful here. Let us give this graft reasonable time to revascularize before thinking of throwing the towel in…

Kind regards,
    PBL

Old 01-02-2020, 04:31 PM   #10
    Jlovedean
    (female)

Jlovedean HB User

Really glad to see you hear. I was a “silent” user of the other site but I am considering posting about my experience thus far. It hasn’t been an enjoyable one and I don’t like to think about all that’s changed as far as my weight and quality of life, but reading what everyone posted on the other site really gave me a lot of hope. Thanks for popping up in a new spot. It means a lot to more people than you realize

Old 01-03-2020, 01:08 AM   #11
    johnr11
    (male)

Hi Jlovedean, thanks for your kind words and good to see you found your way here and were brave enough to post, when you are ready do share your experience as you may find others have been there. What I found was life did change, I was left with long term side effects and no one warns you this may happen other than peripheral neuropathy.
    If you do did not see this on the old site do search for a paper called life after treatment by Dr Peter Harvey, he is a psychologist and the paper explains very well how we feel and how we may struggle post treatment to adjust to the new you.

stay well
    John

Old 01-03-2020, 08:35 AM   #12
    PBLz

PBLz HB User

Hi Jlovedean,

I'm glad you decided to come forth and join us today. Your experience with disease and treatment, however unpleasant, will certainly bring about many other testimonies - so, by all means do share that here and thus contribute to rebuilding the community you appreciated!

Kind regards,

PBLz

Old 01-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #13
    lisab62
    (female)

lisab62 HB User

Hi PBL, John and ported members:

Unfortunately, I can offer no help to this forum or site. According to policy and forum rules, even though I was a caregiver, I should not post in the specific cancer type forum but in a General forum under Family/Friends.....

I very much hope all that come here finds helpful support and wish each and everyone of you success.

Lisa

The following user gives a hug of support to lisab62:
    Sparkle Lolie (01-11-2020)
    Old 01-03-2020, 12:42 PM   #14
    PBLz

PBLz HB User

Hi Lisa,

There must be allowances, as I am certain I have seen other posts by spouses…

It would be a pity to let go of one with such experience as yours in supporting others. I really hope you can stay on here and continue the work you had undertaken on our former forum!

PBLz

Old 01-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #15
    johnr11
    (male)

Hi Lisa, I understood that what we did on the old site and the rules of the old site were transferred over to here specifically for us, the was also a post in the prostate group where one of the mods from this site spoke to the owners and confirmed for us it was business as usual. I also understood that from Emily's post on the old site too. So until told otherwise thats how I will post and like you have said hi to Baz and the others in the colon group.

You have experiences to share and can give advice to so hang in and lets see how it goes, its still early days

John

Reply Reply