It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• both supraclavicular lymph nodes swollen

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-18-2021, 10:18 AM   #1
    Dizzyagain
    (male)

Dizzyagain HB User
    both supraclavicular lymph nodes swollen

I am a 60yo male...I was taking Carbamazepine (Tegretol) & other AED's for Epilepsy. Come to find out I was misdiagnosed. Now my thyroid is messed up (hypothyroidism). I noticed the other day both of my supraclavicular lymph nodes were really swollen above my collarbone. I also have this feeling of a lump in my throat that never goes away when I swallow. I get a Thyroid Ultrasound tomorrow. Should I be concerned with the swelling?

The ultrasound came back as normal. I am being sent to a GI doctor for a scope. Still no answer about the lymph nodes swelling in my neck.

Should I still be concerned? I do have occasional night sweats and have lost over 20lbs in the past few months and have No appetite.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2021, 09:39 AM   #2
    johnr11
    (male)

johnr11 has disabled reputation
    Re: both supraclavicular lymph nodes swollen

Hi as you will be aware lymph nodes can go up and down for many reasons and on occasions stay swollen for some time. When you say night sweats are they drenching where you have to change the bedding and or clothing? If so then have a discussion with your medical practitioner and explain all your symptoms and see what they think as they are the only person who can advise if you should be concerned as often a lymphoma diagnosis is not straight forward. Equally having some of the B symptoms does not result in a diagnosis, a biopsy is the only way to know for sure and you would need a CT or PET scan before that to see if any nodes light up. Keeping a diary of symptoms and frequency can help too as and when you discuss it with a medic.

Reply Reply