It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Swollen painful armpits

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2003, 11:06 AM   #1
    lisa01

lisa01 HB User
    Unhappy Swollen painful armpits

Hi there. I'm a 23 year old female. I've been worried for a couple of weeks about this and I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me. About 3 weeks ago, I noticed a very small lump in my right armpit. It was very sore to the touch. It kept getting bigger and after a week was about the size of a dime. In the meantime, another smaller lump appeared in my right armpit and my left, both painful. The all went back down within about 2 weeks, and the one that was the biggest is now only a tiny, non painful bump. Now there's another new one in my left armpit, very painful, and getting bigger by the day. I haven't been sick, though I have been very very tired lately, which I've written off to stress at work, and I haven't had any infections that I know about. The bumps aren't red, and they're only visible as a raised area of skin. Any advice? Should I go to the doctor or just wait them out? My grandmother recently developed breast cancer, and I know that's making me even more nervous about this. I really appreciate anything anyone might have to say. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2003, 07:25 AM   #2
    delrae4753
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

delrae4753 HB User
    Re: Swollen painful armpits

I used to get those all the time they are caused from ingrown hair follicles, What I used to do when I would get them is to apply a very hot wrag to the area 3-4 times a day until they drained and the other thing is to switch from solid deoderant to gel it seems to keep down the occurance. good luck

Old 11-21-2003, 11:13 PM   #3
    Wes1212
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Wes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB User
    Re: Swollen painful armpits

If you feel like it is significant enough to post here, it is definately worth the few minutes to call a cancer doctors office and speak with a nurse who can shoot questions back to you and offer advise.

Closed Thread