It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Long time with palpable nodes!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2004, 11:03 AM   #1
    Elle10
    (female)

Elle10 HB User
    Long time with palpable nodes!!

Hi everyone,

For approx. 2 and half years i have had 3 nodes in the anterior part of my right neck. One node lies right beside the sternocleidomastiod, which is about 1.5 cm, and the other two are below that one but closer to the middle of my neck, and they are about the size of nickel or so. These two sort of lie over my jugular vein. THey have not changed sized at all - not bigger not smaller. No other nodes have come up since. I don't know how long they have been there, other than the time since i found them. ever since i was born i have had a node directly behind my ear. Perhaps it is just my body?? I am very thin. I don't have any other symptoms. They are are not fixed, and feel relatively soft, yet hard when really pushed on. I am too scared to get them checked for fear i have cancer. has anyone ever had similar nodes swollen??? Let me know what you think. Thank you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2004, 07:30 PM   #2
    Marimac
    Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
    Re: Long time with palpable nodes!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elle10
    Hi everyone,

For approx. 2 and half years i have had 3 nodes in the anterior part of my right neck. One node lies right beside the sternocleidomastiod, which is about 1.5 cm, and the other two are below that one but closer to the middle of my neck, and they are about the size of nickel or so. These two sort of lie over my jugular vein. THey have not changed sized at all - not bigger not smaller. No other nodes have come up since. I don't know how long they have been there, other than the time since i found them. ever since i was born i have had a node directly behind my ear. Perhaps it is just my body?? I am very thin. I don't have any other symptoms. They are are not fixed, and feel relatively soft, yet hard when really pushed on. I am too scared to get them checked for fear i have cancer. has anyone ever had similar nodes swollen??? Let me know what you think. Thank you...
    The body has little fat pads on it that are sometimes referred to as lipomas(not lymphomas) These fat pads cushion nerve endings and basically make life a little softer in places. Don't mistake these for nodes. Also a node the diameter of a nickle is not that large and unless you are also feeling sick there is probably no reason to think about them. IF you are concerned see your doctor.

Old 04-30-2004, 07:14 AM   #3
    ysco

ysco HB User
    Re: Long time with palpable nodes!!

In addition to Marimac's reply, what you feel is more likely to be nodes since lipomas (benign fatty growth) are usually softer and rubbery plus according to my knowledge these are commonly wide spread and are more common in older overweight people. Anyway, from your description these nodes/lumps are probably normal in your case. Indeed in thin people nodes can be easier to feel than in people with average or above average weight.

Since you mentioned they did not change in size for several years, and your lack of other symptoms are very encouraging too.

I'd still suggest you see a doc (even a family doctor) so he or she could more reliability what are those things you feel and if whether they should be further examined.

Closed Thread