It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Swollen glands and lumps in back of neck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2004, 10:36 AM   #1
    jazzigirl

jazzigirl HB User
    Question Swollen glands and lumps in back of neck

I see a lot of information about swollen glands or nodes at the front of the neck, under jaw line, armpits and groin area. But my son not only has the swollen gland on the left side of his neck, but a few marble sized hard swellings at the back of his neck. Not up above the hairline where I understand the lymph nodes to be. He is very active in sports and his coach actually sent him to the doc because his kidneys were hurting. Tests came back that indicated no infections, but the enzymes in his liver and kidneys is very high, and the virus test was a -39. He is now going to have a catscan on his abdomen and pelvic areas. The thing is, only three days have gone by since seeing the doctor, and he only had "normal" swolen glands at the front/side of his neck when he saw doc. He now has about 4 marble sized lumps (hard) at the back of his neck. His catscan isn't scheduled for 5 more days. Should I wait or try to get him in sooner? Has anyone else had these kind of lumps appear at the back of thier necks?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2004, 02:43 PM   #2
    momof4luvs2run

momof4luvs2run HB User
    Re: Swollen glands and lumps in back of neck

If I were you, I think I would call and ask your doctor what he thinks. It would ease you mind, too! Good luck and let us know what you find out!

momof4luvs2run

Old 10-23-2004, 04:13 PM   #3
    jazzigirl

jazzigirl HB User
    Re: Swollen glands and lumps in back of neck

Thanks. Will let you know how this turns out
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by momof4luvs2run
    If I were you, I think I would call and ask your doctor what he thinks. It would ease you mind, too! Good luck and let us know what you find out!

momof4luvs2run

Closed Thread