It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Checking lymph nodes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2005, 08:58 AM   #1
    davros
    (male)

davros HB User
    Checking lymph nodes

Hi there,

I was just wondering - when you check your lymph nodes on the sides of your neck, should you keep your head straight forward (as this is how the Doctor checked a couple of times) or should you crane your neck to each side?

If I keep my head looking forward, I can barely feel the nodes at all - its just when I **** my head to the left, my right node seems to be slightly enlarged. About 1cm or something?

I have chronic sinus problems, caused by allergies, so I'm not particularly worried - I just thought you guys would probably know more about lymph node related stuff

Thanks

Stephen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
    Marimac
    Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
    Re: Checking lymph nodes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davros
    Hi there,

I was just wondering - when you check your lymph nodes on the sides of your neck, should you keep your head straight forward (as this is how the Doctor checked a couple of times) or should you crane your neck to each side?

If I keep my head looking forward, I can barely feel the nodes at all - its just when I **** my head to the left, my right node seems to be slightly enlarged. About 1cm or something?

I have chronic sinus problems, caused by allergies, so I'm not particularly worried - I just thought you guys would probably know more about lymph node related stuff

Thanks

Stephen
    Usually lymph node enlargement in the neck area is not a big deal unless it is enlarged no matter what direction your head is turned in. Infact, enlargement does mean a size bigger than normal. So, lymph nodes do tend to stick out if they are enlarged around the neck. There are other areas of the body that if they are enlarged no one can tell without xray or cat scan equipment.

Old 02-15-2005, 03:47 AM   #3
    davros
    (male)

davros HB User
    Re: Checking lymph nodes

Thanks for your informative reply Marimac - I thought that was the case, but I just wanted to check.

All the best,

S

Closed Thread