It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Swollen neck & headaches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-21-2001, 04:28 PM   #1
    eblastics

eblastics HB User
    Post Swollen neck & headaches

Hello - my neck has been slightly swollen for about 4 weeks now and I've had consistent headaches during this time. By swollen I mean the glands in my neck are enlarged and a bit tender, but not painful or annoying (other than psychological). I also had a soar throat for about 7-10 days, but it's gone now. I had mono 2 years ago, but tested negative for it 2 weeks ago. My doc gave me antibiotics 2 weeks ago, but it didn't seem to relieve the slight swelling in the neck. The lymph nodes around my groin & armpits are not swollen, I've had no fevers, and there is nothing else out of the ordinary.
    Can anybody advise if these are symptoms of anything?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2001, 09:16 AM   #2
    Chemo-Girl

Chemo-Girl HB User
    Hi!

Are you going back to your doctor?
    In any case I think I've read that painful lymphnodes are just about always the result of infection (hence the antibiotics) and are very unlikely to be cancerous. Lymphnodes thqat have been swollen a long time, are painless, and are larger than 2cm or so are possible cancer signs. But I don't really know. I'm just a cancerous teenager. Ask a doctor.

Old 12-23-2001, 05:35 PM   #3
    gidget

gidget HB User
    Hello, gidget here.. I would like to say that I agree with chemo-girl. Only a DR. can tell ya what is going on with your lymph nodes but these are not the symptoms I had. Mine went into the "B"symptoms full blown and had my first biopsy on a lymph node from my neck. Not to worry just yet my friend, there is so much that it could be and not all is cancer.

And if you do not mind I would like to give "chemo-girl" a message: Hey girlfriend please do not refer to your self as the "cancerous teenager"! From the posts I have read that were written by you and after reading your home page you are a brilliant teenager that got picked to have cancer. All who are picked to go through the nightmare are very special people in many ways, and I can feel your stength and courage in the words you type here. We are in this together and I am here for you and any one else that may need to talk. After working with cancer patients for over 10 years and now living this nightmare my-self, I so understand. You are "COOL" chemo-girl and you will do just fine..gidget/sunshine

Closed Thread