It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• concerned over lump on neck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-28-2003, 04:22 PM   #1
    Peric

Peric HB User
    Unhappy concerned over lump on neck

i have been becoming ever more concerned over a lump on the right hand side of my 15 year old teenage daughter's neck. its about just over 2cm in length, and is situated 2 inches below the hairline, and about 2 inches back from the ear. the lump itself is not painfull, not moveable and not very soft either. Glands at the front of her neck on that side have been swollen, but they swell worse every now and then, and go down sometimes too, however she still finds it painfull to turn her head to one side. The lump has been there for almost a month now. Wen she turns her head slightly it sticks out and is visible, and so she has an appointment with the doctor next week.

I asked a medical friend and he said it sounded like something along the lines of a swollen lymph node. I am afraid the doctor will turn a blind eye to the lump, after reading many other cases they dont seem that interested. My daughter has been reading simular cases aswell on the internet, and if it doesnt go down, she says she wants it removed, is this dangerous? What sort of things should we ask the doctor? Please help,

Lois .M.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread