It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Strange Lymph node swelling??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
    tyboyz
    (female)

tyboyz HB User
    Strange Lymph node swelling??

I have been having the strangest lymph node swelling under my chin. They seem to swell rather large and painful during the night while I sleep but then go back down with time the next day. Has anyone had this happen or know what could be causing it? My Dr put me on 2 weeks of doxycycline but this really didn't do anything for the swelling. It is still happening a few weeks after I was done the meds. I have had very severe aniexty recently and I know I am clenching my jaw while sleeping because my jaw is very tired the next day. I don't know if that is somehow related. Not sure if it could be lymphoma related but I thought this might be the best place to ask. Marimac you seem to be very knowledgable, would you have any ideas?? Thanks everyone!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
    michaelii
    (male)

michaelii HB User
    Re: Strange Lymph node swelling??

My novice understanding is that the swollen lymphs which have most cause for alarm are NOT tender or painful.

Are you bitting the inside of your cheeks, tounge, or gums while you're sleeping?

Are you grinding your teeth?

What is the anxiety about? Are you treating this?

Taking ANY other meds or suppliments?
    Do you have a fever or other signs of any infection?

When was the last time you saw a dentist..?

Finally, are you in any high risk groups for STD's, etc..? What is your age?

Old 05-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #3
    tyboyz
    (female)

tyboyz HB User

My guess is that I am grinding my teeth but I don't think I am biting.

My throat and ear were bothering me a bit back in April which is why the doctor decided on the doxy but I have not had fever.

I have not been to the dentist in a year or so but I do not have any pain related to my teeth. I will make an appointment just to double check though.

I was taking prilosec for 5 weeks for Reflux but stopped (on april 25) as soon as I noticed the nodes being up.

My original anxiety issue has been resolved but now these nodes are really starting to make me very nervous so I would guess I am still a bit stressed and tense. Probably why I am clenching my jaw so much.

I am 40 and not in any high risk groups.
    Why would they be going up and down just about daily. It is really driving me crazy!!!

Old 05-15-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
    Merimac
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User

If you have not had a gastric check up you may be suffering from an H Pylori virus which would cause you to need the Prilosec and would cause the lymph nodes to swell. If you are concerned about your symptoms, have the doctor check you for H Pylori and anything else you may be concerned about. Sometimes it is a mystery sometimes not.

Old 05-15-2005, 03:31 PM   #5
    tyboyz
    (female)

tyboyz HB User

I recently had an endoscope with a biopsy. Would that have told me if I had H Pylori?? I will double check with my doctor. I'm sorry I am confused by " sometimes it is mystery, sometimes not" Does this mean you think it is something else??

Old 05-31-2005, 04:51 PM   #6
    tyboyz
    (female)

tyboyz HB User

I finally was able to see a dentist. He did find a tooth that is cracked and decaying. I guess it might be possible that this is causing the node swelling under my chin. The dentist said that the crack does allow bacteria to get up in there. He said "let's get it fixed and see how the nodes react" so I have my fingers crossed!!! I am wondering if this could really be my problem instead of something more serious.

Closed Thread