It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Sore throat and neck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2005, 08:16 AM   #1
    prissyitaly
    (female)

prissyitaly HB User
    Sore throat and neck

Hi, im worried about a sore throat and neck that ive had for a few months now. I am experiencing mild sore throat and some burning when I eat certain foods like fruit burns my throat and coffee also hurts my throat.I have a sore neck and there are some swollen glands that are a little sore. I went to an ENT and they stuck that awful thing down my nose and throat two different times and they said I have acid reflux! I have never experienced acid reflux in my life! They gave me a perscription for acid reflux and Im kinda mad because
    I feel like they dont know what they are talking about. could someone please give me some input?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2005, 03:19 PM   #2
    help0001
    (male)

help0001 HB User
    Re: Sore throat and neck

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prissyitaly
    Hi, im worried about a sore throat and neck that ive had for a few months now. I am experiencing mild sore throat and some burning when I eat certain foods like fruit burns my throat and coffee also hurts my throat.I have a sore neck and there are some swollen glands that are a little sore. I went to an ENT and they stuck that awful thing down my nose and throat two different times and they said I have acid reflux! I have never experienced acid reflux in my life! They gave me a perscription for acid reflux and Im kinda mad because
    I feel like they dont know what they are talking about. could someone please give me some input?
    Hi. I hope your problems are managed to be solved. At the moment all I can say is that it is likely to be an infection that simply isn't going. But if they have diagnosed an Acid Reflux then perhaps that could be the cause. Infection is likely here though. If the nodes that you reported are sore and painful then it is more likely to be some sort of infection. I would advise you to go to your Doctor, explain your concerns, and at most get some blood tests done and a biopsy. All of which will help put your mind at rest and make you feel somewhat better. I have enlarged lymph nodes all over, and I am still undergoing investigation. I'm worried myself, so i presume you are. I hope you manage to get it all sorted. Any other queries, then please post back. Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Old 08-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #3
    Nigel
    (male)

Nigel HB User
    Re: Sore throat and neck

Hi I just read your post and all the things you have my brother and me have the same and ours is due to acid reflux, we have had ours for years now and we both have to take ant-acid tablets to keep it at bay, plus I'm sure the Doctors would have tested you if they thought there was a chance you could have anything else so please don't worry

I hope I may have been of help

kind Regards Nigel

Closed Thread