It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Husband having night sweats, cause for concern?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2006, 10:49 AM   #1
    Delia79
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Delia79 HB User
    Husband having night sweats, cause for concern?

Hi. Just a quick question. I am not expecting a diagnosis from anyone here, obviously we aren't doctors, but just some opinions. For about two weeks now my husband has been suffering from frequent night sweats. He is 32 years old, has panic disorder, but has been on medication for over 12 years now for that, smokes, and drinks about once a week. He gets plenty of daily physical exercise due to his job, and states he doesn't feel tired or run down at all. I read on the internet that one of the symptoms of lymphoma is some times night sweats, and it worried me a little. We do sleep with our bedroom door closed and it does feel stuffy at times, but our cat is very annoying and if we slept with an open door, we'd never get any sleep. I do not feel hot at night, but I am on a beta blocker which I've read can cause you to feel cooler than others around you due to lowered blood pressure. Should he see a doctor about this? Is it cause for concern? Like I said, he states he feels fine other wise and didn't feel seeing the doctor was necessary. Am I overreacting???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #2
    Merimac
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User
    Re: Husband having night sweats, cause for concern?

Get your husband to check with his doctor about his medication for anxiety, Sometimes medications manufacturers will change the recipe for medications, not enough for the inspectors to care, but the patients will sometimes be sensitive to the changes. Also as we age, our reactions to medications will change. While he is checking with his doctor, check on ways you can ventilate your sleeping quarters without including the cat. I say this with a great deal of humor since I have 5 of them and 3 out of five want to be in the room at the same time. Not the same three each time....

Old 05-08-2006, 04:37 AM   #3
    Delia79
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Delia79 HB User
    Re: Husband having night sweats, cause for concern?

Wow, thanks for your reply. I feel better, thanks. I was thinking the medication too could be a possibility. I did try turning down the ac last night to around 68 and uncovering him partialy as he slept. Seemed to work, no night sweats! So it's probably just too darn stuffy and cooped up in there for him. Thanks again for your response, I appreciate your advice.

Closed Thread