It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Enlarged lymph node in neck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
    amiee79
    (female)

amiee79 HB User
    Enlarged lymph node in neck

I am a 28 yr old female who had Celiac Disease. I have had a lump in my neck for about a year and noticed lately it has got bigger so I went to my GP. He is sending me for a biopsy, but I am wondering if the symptoms of non-hodgkins lymphoma night sweats can come and go. I was having them quite a bit and now it is less frequent. I have been fatigued for over 2 years now and just exhausted all the time with no energy to do anything. Has anyone else that has been diagnosed had this similar situation?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #2
    SurviveNThrive
    (female)

SurviveNThrive HB User
    Re: Enlarged lymph node in neck

My Grandpa has the same condition (he's in his fifties). He goes into surgery in about 2 weeks from now to get the lump removed. I believe he gets those night sweats rather often.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
    DebM412
    Veteran
    (female)

DebM412 HB User

Aimee79,

Sorry to hear about the neck lump and all. I hope that it turns out to be nothing. What exactly is Celiac Disease? Is it possible that these symptoms could be in relation to this disease?
    Your neck lump must be rather large for the doctor to warrant a biopsy. My ENT said the lumps would have to be the size of grapes.
    Let me know how you do and about the Celiac Disease.

Thanks,

Deb

The Following User Says Thank You to DebM412 For This Useful Post:
    ChickenNugget (09-28-2012)
    Old 10-11-2007, 07:37 AM   #4
    amiee79
    (female)

amiee79 HB User

Hi Deb,

I have some new news about my health issues. My finace was nagging me to go to my GP about a suspicious mole behind my knee and when I did he sent me right to a dermatologist who then removed it on the spot a few days ago. The dermatologist is worried about the enlarged lymph node (not the size of a grape, more like the size of a skittle or M n M or a small grape). They are sending me for a CT scan on the 17th of Oct. I will have my stitches out and the test results on the 23rd of Oct.

As for the Celiac Disease, yes I do attribute this diease to a lot of my issues. Celiac Diease is an autoimmune disease where when you injest gluten your body thinks of it as a foreign substances and starts to damage your small intestine (this is where your minerals, vitamins and nutrients are absorbed into your body). The only way to help this diease is by not eating any gluten. Gluten is found in many things (wheat, barley, oats, etc.). I just had my gall bladder out this past August and there is a link to Gall Bladder issues and Celiac diease as well as kidney stones which I also have. The scary part of having the enlarged lymph node is that Celiac's have a 3 times higher chance of developing lymphoma....but now that the mole is new and suspicious it the lymph node could play a role in melanoma. We won't know for sure until I have test results back.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
    DebM412
    Veteran
    (female)

DebM412 HB User

amiee79,

I wish you well with all of your tests. You seem very calm. It is sure nice to know that your doctor wanted to investigate the lymph node more. A lot of them just dismiss you. Please post your results and I'll be thinking about you on the 17th. (it is my wedding anniversary)

Take care!

Deb

Closed Thread