It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Salivary Gland or Lymph Node

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
    traymore01
    (female)

traymore01 HB User
    Salivary Gland or Lymph Node

Ok, now I am confused. How can I tell the difference between my lymph node and salivary gland? I went to the ENT because I thought that my submandibular lymph node has been enlarged but he stuck his finger in my mouth and pushed around and said that he is sure that it is a "spit" gland and that I could have a stone or it could just be sluggish. It does not hurt and has been enlarged for 2 months. The size has decreased slightly. He said that I could get a cat scan if I want to just to find out if there is a stone but that since it is not hurting I should just let it be. I have tried to research to see what would cause a salivary gland to be sluggish and to determine how to tell if it is a salivary gland or a lymph node. I do not have any other enlarged nodes just the one on the left side. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
    dee62
    (female)

dee62 HB User
    Re: Salivary Gland or Lymph Node

Hi traymore... it sounds exactly like what I have been going through. I just went to the dentist not too long ago for a cleaning, and brought to his attention about a lump right under my cheek bone. He felt and probed around and said that all it was is just a swollen salivary gland with the possibilty of having stones. Plus it doesn't hurt at all. He said it was nothing to worry about.

I had explained to him that my lymph nodes have been swollen for over half a year on my neck. The other day I recently felt a pretty large one in my groing area. So I don't know what in the heck is going on with me.

I wouldn't worry too much though, but stay aware incase any others are noticed, if you know what I mean. I know it's hard not to be concerned, just keep on with your daily routine so it will keep you from thinking about so much.

Have a great day, and if you need to talk about your worries I don't mind being a shoulder to lean on.

dee

Old 07-07-2008, 05:25 AM   #3
    rog42
    (male)

rog42 HB User
    Re: Salivary Gland or Lymph Node

Hi Traymore01,

I've gone through what i think might be the same situation. Over two years ago I noticed that my right salivary gland the submandibular gland was a lot larger than my left. Of course i started to panic and made an appointment with my primary care doctor, which he had me go see an ENT doctor. Long story stort after many many test, the final outcome was that the gland was normal, just enlarged. I am still not certain that's it's nothing but at this point I will have to live with it. My story is posted under the Ears, Nose & Throat section, labeled Enlarged submandibular salivary gland.

Good luck.

Closed Thread