It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• CIN3 addressed but not HUGE lymph node

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
    destiny dawn
    (female)

destiny dawn HB Userdestiny dawn HB User
    CIN3 addressed but not HUGE lymph node

I REALLY need support! Please just skim through if you don't want to read this.
    I'm getting this big hard lump taken out of my leg/groin this month. It's been there for about 9 months. I saw a doctor about it some 4 months ago and he told me that I clearly injured my leg and didn't notice. hmph.
    So anyways, I had a LEEP done two months ago for CIN3 and when I went back to the ob/gyn, he told me this:

"we had to perform the LEEP twice because there was still visible neoplasia after the first swipe. So, we can't determine whether your margins were clear. See you in 6 months for you post-op PAP! Have a wonderful Day!!!"

Well, no wonder I bled for twice as long as expected and had an infection and so much pain. hmph again.

I was all occupied with this cervical cancer scare that I forgot about the lump in my leg. It sure got my attention though after that infection.. It started hurting and I discovered it was twice as big and hard and stuck as it ever was before. So, I went in to my doctors office.

You can skip this part if you don't relate at all to long term anxiety and traumatic life-events. It may or may not be relevant to this whole sexual/lymphatic health thing I've got going on.
    So my husband had a vasectomy last fall and suffered life-threatening complications. I handled it the best i could, but after a follow-up with the urologist a few months later I had a "panic attack" (dizzyness, darkening vision, shaking, tingling limbs, fast heartbeat, PANIC) and ever since that single incident, I've had more and more crazy 'psychological symptoms', as the doctor puts it.
    Here's a rundown of most of those symptoms:
    -chest pains/aches
    -headaches
    -muscle weakness
    -heart palps
    -fatigue. i mean, FATIGUE
    -anxiety
    -shooting limb sensations/pains
    -hip pains
    -nodules
    -a flat one on the bone behind my right ear
    -a swollen lymph node in upper neck beneath left ear
    -the lump.. now called a "strange location for an enlarged gland" in my groin
    -several enlarged 1-2 cm lymph nodes in pelvic area
    -two bumps (like peas) inside my vagina
    -congestion that comes on in seconds like ears popping and then goes again within minutes
    -painfully sensitive areas along my jawbone
    -waking with TWO completely numb arms
    -skin problems (nickel allergy causing itchy rash spots) (PAINFUL little pimples mostly on my face, a few on my scalp)
    -i call it pinched nerves: several sore areas in my back with pain that changes with different motions

OK, back at the ranch now.
    I've been to the doctors several times for several complaints over this last year. I've been prescribed everything from antidepressants (3 which all failed to help), to heavy duty muscle relaxers (for the "tension" headaches), to ativan (for panic attacks which I haven't had in months).
    Anyways, while suffering from this infection I asked the doc to take another look at the swollen node in my groin and he referred me for an ultrasound. Then my family physician called me in on a sunday morning to tell me that it is a very concerning swollen gland. I since have had a pre-op and tomorrow I have a pre-anesthetic and then on the 19th I go for the surgery to completely remove and biopsy that little mutant.

I have become addicted to google over these last few weeks and I'm very aware that the possibilities can be grim-ish.
    This isn't just a swollen node. It's like a rubber bouncy ball, same size and firmness, attached to a muscle on my inner thigh, just about in my groin.

I have two weeks of wondering and worrying and most of the time I manage to stay distracted with housework and playing with my 3 kids but times like this spent on the computer are what I call my obsessive need-to-know, need-to-do-SOMETHING compulsiveness developing.

Can anyone relate? It has been an especially difficult year with several health issues in the family and all I'm hoping for is a story from someone who has been through a similar event.
    I don't know if I'm dealing with Lymphoma, Metastatic Cancer of some reproductive organ, some rare disease....
    What should I ask of my doctor? All I've had so far was blood testing last week of which I haven't heard the results.

PLEASE PLEASE REPLY! I'm at my wits' end!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread