It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Lymph Node Abdomen, Acne, Pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
    Kim2001
    (female)

Kim2001 HB User
    Unhappy Lymph Node Abdomen, Acne, Pain

Hi there,
    I'm a 27 y/o female, 5'3, 55kg, unmarried, no boyfriend. I've been really healthy but for the past 2 years, its been really disturbing.
    2 years back, I had high fever, took many blood tests, but no results. Days passed and I got better and I passed it as a viral fever. A year back, I had really high fever with night sweats for 3 whole days. I had no help, so had just warm water and felt better on the 4th day after some electrolyte. I felt very weak then, and lost some weight too.
    1 year later, I had really bad pain in my upper right abdomen. The pain would radiate towards the back; felt like a stick passing from front to back. It went for around 3 days when I could feel the pain while eating anything. On the 4th day, i was better, but lost lot of weight and looked really frail. I noticed that while running or carrying heavy items, the pain would start again. However, this pain is not consistent, everytime I run.
    3 months back, I noticed that my menstrual cycle was not proper and after 4 months of no cramps, I was prescribed 'meprate'. On taking an ultrasound, Reports said:

A hypoechoic lesion measuring 3.7 x 3 x 3 cms is seen at the porta hepatis. Few cystic areas are also seen within the lesion. No vascularity seen.
    USG of neck: Multiple[ = 6-8] lymph nodes are seen on the left side of neck, some may appear cystic. Largest lymph node measure 12x8 mm and 13x7 mm.
    Impression: Lymph node is seen at the porta hepatis. Another small lymph node is seen in the para aortic region. Cervical group of lymph nodes are seen on left side of neck.
    Chest Xray: Normal

I've started getting acne on face even though I didnt have it at puberty. The family doctor stated its a boil and prescribed 'Bactroban' cream;but the dermatologist said its acne and has given 'Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide' gel and 'Minocycline 100mg'.
    I'm fine now, only the acne, no cramps since 2 months and right upper abdomen pain while running. I'm not sure what is wrong.
    Please help!!
    Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Kim2001; 10-30-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread