It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Two Lumps on neck for 2 years, a little insight please...?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
    babs007xoxo
    (female)

babs007xoxo HB User
    Two Lumps on neck for 2 years, a little insight please...?

Hello everyone,
    I would like some advise from any one with experience with swollen lymph nodes.

I am a healthy 26 year old female and about 2 or so years ago I noticed a lump on the right side of my neck and then a few months later found another one on the back left side of my neck. I didn't think anything of it until i was leaning my head to the side and my husband was able to see the first lump (About a 1 1/2 ago). September 2012 I went to a new GP for a normal check up and told her about the lumps, she was not really concerned and just said I was probably getting sick. I told I had had them for a while but I don't know if she understood me. I got a blood test done a few weeks later. I know she didn't remember my neck lumps cause she didn't ask about them again (shame on me for not bringing it up, I know). She said I was very healthy but my white blood cells we just a little low and was nothing to really worry about.

Now... 2 years later, my husband wants me to get a second opinion after hearing a terrible story. So I did some researched and found a Hematologist/Oncologist and made an appointment for Monday (few days from now).

The one thing that freaks me out is that I have read that with lymph nodes issues, blood work will not show anything and people have had perfect blood work for years and come to find out that they have had health issues all along.

My question is, was it unnecessary to make this appointment with this doctor? Was this the right doctor to go to/ What should I ask the doctor? My uncle is a Hotchkins Lymphoma survivor, should this be something to bring up?

*one thing is that I feel fine and have not had a cold for about 3 years.
    Only thing, I have night sweats off and on for about 2 or so years. I just assumed its from sugar intake...? My night sweats are not so bad right now but were nightly about 4 or 5 months ago.

Thank you for any advise or insight in advance

Last edited by babs007xoxo; 08-22-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
    lcama
    (female)

lcama HB User
    Re: Two Lumps on neck for 2 years, a little insight please...?

I am a nurse and you should go check them out immediately. Swollen lymph nodes could be you are just sick or could be a sign of another problem. Go right away to relieve your mind.

Closed Thread

Tags
    lump, neck, swollen lymph node