It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Is fever always present with lymphoma

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
    marip1
    (female)

marip1 HB User
    Is fever always present with lymphoma

With lymphoma do you always have to have fever? I get night sweats but I'm post menopausal and been having night sweats a long time maybe 8 years. From I've been reading online you can have night sweats well into your sixties when your post menopausal. I don't get fevers, no loss of weight and I don't think I have swollen lymph glands but I still worry about the night sweats. What about itching is it a intense itching all over the body? I do get itching but I wouldn't say intense. I usually do get dry skin in the winter and I'll have itching in the winter.

Last edited by marip1; 02-16-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
    Jen944
    (female)

Jen944 HB User
    Re: Is fever always present with lymphoma

No, fever is not always present. Some people are asymptomoc, others have a slew of symptoms. The only 100% sure way to know is to go get things checked out. From what I understand, even bloodwork can come back normal and lymphoma still may be present.

My husband is currently awaiting biopsy results for a swollen node and we were told
    It could possibly be lymphoma. I can tell you this about my experience, all the worrying and symptom checking causes a lot of stress. Each day is far too precious to sit and wonder. Get it checked out and hopefully it's all normal and hormones. You will continue to wonder and worry if you don't.

Good luck!!

Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
    Nassau one
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User

Jen944 is correct. Not everyone with lymphoma has what they call B symptoms, such as fevers, night sweats etc. My blood works were quite normal and I had no B symptoms. The only sure way of diagnosing lymphoma is to have a biopsy of one or more nodes.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
    rascal123
    (female)

rascal123 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marip1 View Post
    With lymphoma do you always have to have fever? I get night sweats but I'm post menopausal and been having night sweats a long time maybe 8 years. From I've been reading online you can have night sweats well into your sixties when your post menopausal. I don't get fevers, no loss of weight and I don't think I have swollen lymph glands but I still worry about the night sweats. What about itching is it a intense itching all over the body? I do get itching but I wouldn't say intense. I usually do get dry skin in the winter and I'll have itching in the winter.
    It is my understanding that fevers come with many types of cancer and are called "B" symptoms. Night sweats refer to bed drenching sweats where you have to change sheets and night wear. Not like you get with hot flashes, or being too hot in bed. Itching is quite different for everyone and if dry skin in winter causes itching I would think that is what it is. What makes you feel like you have Lymphoma??

Closed Thread