It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• 13mm mass found in lymph node

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
    SarahAnne8
    (female)

SarahAnne8 HB User
    13mm mass found in lymph node

Hello there! I'm posting on this site because I have had an enlarged lymph node in the right side of my neck for a couple months and finally had an ultrasound. A 13mm mass was discovered within my lymph node. I just turned 25 and am very scared and nervous as I also have a beautiful 4 year old daughter who is my entire world. I have an ultra sound guided biopsy scheduled next week and am terrified that I will be told I have cancer. At this point I know I'd be pretty pleased with it being lymphoma rather than cells spread from a cancer elsewhere in my body. I've done enough late nights of research to know that lymphoma itself is generally very treatable if caught soon enough, but some other cases not so much. I have some support but it's hard to rely so much on people that don't understand what I'm going through. And at times I feel like I will be burdening my loved ones with all the thoughts going through my head. I thought hearing some other people's experiences might help me cope better with this so I can be strong for my daughter. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts or stories on this matter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #2
    SarahAnne8
    (female)

SarahAnne8 HB User
    Re: 13mm mass found in lymph node

Also, a little more information: my blood work all came back clear, good liver and kidney function. They immediately did a chest xray and ruled out lung cancer. My lymph node is so large it is actually visible with the naked eye. I am tired all the time, sometimes have weird sweats and clammy skin episodes. Frequent nausea and dizzy spells. I haven't lost any weight and actually have an increased appetite which I find odd.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
    Nassau one
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
    Re: 13mm mass found in lymph node

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SarahAnne8 View Post
    Also, a little more information: my blood work all came back clear, good liver and kidney function. They immediately did a chest xray and ruled out lung cancer. My lymph node is so large it is actually visible with the naked eye. I am tired all the time, sometimes have weird sweats and clammy skin episodes. Frequent nausea and dizzy spells. I haven't lost any weight and actually have an increased appetite which I find odd.
    I am sorry you are going through this. I hope the biopsy gives you answers so that, if necessary, you can decide how to proceed. Keep in mind that there are many types of lymphoma and most can be successfully treated. Do post back when you know what you are dealing with.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cancer, lymph nodes, lymphoma