It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• i have 5 swollen lymph nodes on my neck, but no other symptoms & am very worried

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
    domesticateddog
    (female)

domesticateddog HB User
    Exclamation i have 5 swollen lymph nodes on my neck, but no other symptoms & am very worried

Last week on Wednesday I noticed 3 lymph nodes swollen on my neck. They were all very hard and movable. None of them were bigger than an inch in diameter & all were round. None were painful

1 was an occipital lymph node.
    1 was a spinal accessory lymph node.
    1 was a tonsillar lymph node.

I just moved, so i went to a new doctor for a checkup on thursday & mentioned the nodes.

He had me get my blood taken & urine samples. Besides the testing, he said further action isnt really neccessary because the swelling of the nodes is so new, plus they arent big.

I expressed to him my concern because of the fact that they were all hard& he referred me to a surgeon for an appt. on Wednesday.

Anyways today after I got home from a memorial day get together, I noticed 2 more swollen lymph nodes& that my previous tonsillar node grew in size!
    1 is a parotid node. It is about an inch in diameter, doesnt protrude much, but is painful! even without touch! Its hard and wont move like the others >.<
    1 is another tonsillar. this one is smaller than the rest and too deep for me to tell if its hard or not, but its defintely movable.

The only other symptom i have at this very moment is a headache.

Should i be worried?
    & more importantly considering i already have a drs appointment in 2 days, so should i be so worried as to go to the e.r. or urgent care?

I feel like im falling apart and am getting pretty stressed out >.<

I know that a lot of people go months with swollen lymph nodes and dont worry about them & that usually they are a lot bigger than mine, but this is just so abnormal for me!

I used to get sick a lot like 4-7 times a year with more than just a common cold. One year I had mono, swine flu, & strep all within 6 months.
    But never in my memory have my lymph nodes swelled >.<
    So I know i need to talk to a doctor, but im worried that I should be even more worried than I am.

I also read that tuberculosis sometimes occurs with no symptoms & was wondering if my body might be fighting off something pretty serious, but the fact that im not showing any symptoms is a sign my body is winning even though i have so many swollen lymph nodes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    lumps, lymph nodes, lymphoma, neck, swollen