It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board

• Supraclavicular lymph node

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
    Emmajane1
    (female)

Emmajane1 HB User
    Supraclavicular lymph node

A week and a half ago my left supraclavicular lymph node started growing slowly. Now it is approximately the size of a quarter and is visible. It is slightly movable and rubbery-hard. Starting five days ago, and only in the afternoons, I feel very feverish but have no way of determining if i actually have a fever because I do not have a thermometer. Three days ago on the left side of my chest around where my heart is a fluttery, ticklish, vibrate-ish feeling started. It's mainly constant and gets worse in the afternoon and when I take a breath and becomes extremely uncomfortable. My pulse is rather fast and i have lost 4.6 pounds in 2 weeks without trying. What do you think this could mean? I do not have problems with anxiety so that can be ruled out. I weigh 112.3 pounds and I am 16 years old.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
    pip123
    (male)

pip123 HB User
    Re: Supraclavicular lymph node

Do not seek that answer here. Go see your doctor. Good Luck!!
    Don M. - southernbc

Don

Old 06-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Please do see your Dr. immediately. This could be serious and you want to get some answers. Don't let the Dr. tell you it is nothing or to "watch it". If that is the response you get, seek another Dr's opinion. You should have a chest xray, blood tests and an ultrasound of the node, plus exam of all the other node locations in your body. Are your parents aware of this issue? They need to be to help you out.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
    Emmajane1
    (female)

Emmajane1 HB User

Thank you. I explained it to my parents and I now have an appointment with my Dr on the 18th so let's hope it's nothing serious. A biopsy will be done on my supraclavicular lymph node that day as well.

The following user gives a hug of support to Emmajane1:
    pip123 (07-02-2014)
    Old 07-02-2014, 12:37 AM   #5
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Good, so glad you are getting it checked out. In the meantime, it would be good to get a thermometer and check your temperature in the afternoon when you feel feverish. Documenting whether you do have fever or not is an important part of the history to relay to your Dr. You could also ask his office to call you if a cancellation comes up for an earlier appointment. Take care.

Closed Thread

Tags
    heart concern, lymphnodes, lymphoma symptoms, supraclavicular node