It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Light-headed, burning dry skin, eyes, hair, mouth - menopause??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
    Murph92107
    (female)

Murph92107 HB User
    Perimenopause hell!!

Hello!! I'm 50 years old, almost 51. This started in December when I woke up and my mouth hurt like crazy!! It was burning, every part of my mouth. The periodontist, dentist, doctor looked and see nothing. The last couple months my skin has been really dry and im breaking out like a teenager. My eyes have been stinging and sore and after 3 eye doctor apts they say it's dry eyes. I had to get a new contact prescription. My ears are ringing, I'm super light-headed and feel just a little sick. My hair is dry and my arms started wrinkling like an old woman. I have horrible insomnia and just want to feel normal again!!!! I just had my first period since November. I swear I've been to the doctor so many times and he can't find anything wrong. I had him test me for menopause and I'm perimenapause. Does anyone have similar symptoms??

I started a low dose horomone patch and it left a brown patchy thing on my chest so stopped taking it. The doctor put me on a hormone pill but haven't taken it yet.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by Murph92107; 04-02-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2015, 06:20 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Perimenopause hell!!

Take the pills! You are in need of HRT and it will help. Am surprised your gyno hadn't suggested it before.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
    Murph92107
    (female)

Murph92107 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    Take the pills! You are in need of HRT and it will help. Am surprised your gyno hadn't suggested it before.
    I will as soon as they are ready at the pharmacy. It seems like every day a new symptom pops up. I've thought I've had every disease known to man-kind and I'm ready to just feel normal again. Thanks for the reply.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #4
    Billschick
    (female)

Billschick HB User

I know what you mean I can't get a straight answer from anyone to know what is going on with me. I can't take the pill or really want to I'm 42 not 24 and HRT scares me just to much stories about cancer. But first and fore most I want to even know if all of this is peri-menopause my doctor wont even talk to me about it because I'm 42 but in my family all the woman were 45 when they hit menopause..i have strange symptoms too dry skin, OMG yes, Dry hair YES, I look in the mirror and I can see the dryness aging me it is so sad I see it happening but not really sure if it is.... I had mouth pain, teeth pain intermittent joint pain the other night I almost passed out and fainted after being awoken by sever stomach pain that stopped the minute I staggered back into bed before I almost fainted..i do believe that there is book that needs to be written about the REAL symptoms of menopause not just irritability, night sweats and irregular periods. i know there is a 30 something list out there but there needs to be discussion about it too that is most helpful we can more relate to a symptom when we talk about it discuss details as some symptoms in list are vague lacking severity and feelings...But if this is peri its a Dam hoot!!! i want No part of anymore

Old 04-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #5
    Murph92107
    (female)

Murph92107 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Billschick View Post
    I know what you mean I can't get a straight answer from anyone to know what is going on with me. I can't take the pill or really want to I'm 42 not 24 and HRT scares me just to much stories about cancer. But first and fore most I want to even know if all of this is peri-menopause my doctor wont even talk to me about it because I'm 42 but in my family all the woman were 45 when they hit menopause..i have strange symptoms too dry skin, OMG yes, Dry hair YES, I look in the mirror and I can see the dryness aging me it is so sad I see it happening but not really sure if it is.... I had mouth pain, teeth pain intermittent joint pain the other night I almost passed out and fainted after being awoken by sever stomach pain that stopped the minute I staggered back into bed before I almost fainted..i do believe that there is book that needs to be written about the REAL symptoms of menopause not just irritability, night sweats and irregular periods. i know there is a 30 something list out there but there needs to be discussion about it too that is most helpful we can more relate to a symptom when we talk about it discuss details as some symptoms in list are vague lacking severity and feelings...But if this is peri its a Dam hoot!!! i want No part of anymore
    You're so right!!! All the doctor's thing menopause is all the normal stuff (sweets, etc.) and none of this other funky stuff. I'm SUPER freaked out about my skin!!! Like you, looking in the mirror and see myself aging!! My arms seem like they're getting worse every day. I stopped with the hormone patch because I was noticing a brown spot forming on my face!! I don't know if I should take these pills or not. Funny you mentioned your stomach, a couple weeks ago I woke up with a FUNKY pain right above the belly button and my neck hurt!! I was feeling my neck to make sure I didn't have swollen lymph nodes!!! All of these crazy symptoms are bringing up my stress level!! I went and saw my gyno yesterday and she hasn't heard of a lot of these symptoms. All they can say is take these pills and see if they help. I thought if anyone would understand it would be her. I realize everyone is different and have different symptoms but I need to find some answers!!! I met a really nice woman last weekend at a party and she was having a lot of similar symptoms and has been to the doctor multiple times and has had tests done and she's starting to think it's menopause too. Did you get a blood test done to check your hormone levels? A symptom I hate is when I go to bed I feel like I'm drunk!! My head is spinning and feel dizzy, I feel so tired but then can't sleep. UGH!!

Old 04-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #6
    Murph92107
    (female)

Murph92107 HB User

The doctor prescribed Loestrin, a birth control pill. She said it has 2 things in it, estrogen and something else that will prevent cancer, etc. She said it will take a month to work. Anyone take this before?

Old 04-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #7
    Billschick
    (female)

Billschick HB User

No doctor did not do a FSH as she wont even listen to my about menopause she thinks i'm too young. So what? now I need to go around her to get help within her own practice with my insurance you need a referral to do that as this is the only woman outfit that takes my insurance ( thanks obamacare) so now i'm in libo now today as my menses are 3 days last it seems like it want to come i have the pink tinged stuff as i wipe but hell it is taking it sweet time and here I am going into week 3 miserable and then when i do mense i get flooding i can't leave the house this is crippling my life and if i was just sure as to why and what? i might feel better about it, i dunno..some kind of peace of mind I guess and I'm dealing with a recently DX ulcer Double whammy (thank that to dealing 15 years with my Ex husband, thank you for the gift dude) ohh the joy of it all... i swear..I have had all other types of blood work however when i was in the process of tests for this Ulcer nothing...all else was normal actually better than it was back in 2013 certain results seem to get better..I know I hear alot about the pills but I don't know that is artificial hormone and how long do i take it? I know that either way if i'm looking for answers there are possible fixes (pills) HRT, but really i just want to know that it is peri and then I'll decide how much i can accept and deal with this natural turn of pass of life and with my Ulcer i'm limited on what to take i can't even take IBU or Tylenol any more...Joy Joy Joy..

Did i mention my eyes are dry too my contacts stick to my eyes and sting!! Crazy Stuff !! I don't like this anymore ..lol

Last edited by Billschick; 04-03-2015 at 03:37 PM. Reason: forgot something

Old 04-03-2015, 03:38 PM   #8
    Billschick
    (female)

Billschick HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Murph92107 View Post
    The doctor prescribed Loestrin, a birth control pill. She said it has 2 things in it, estrogen and something else that will prevent cancer, etc. She said it will take a month to work. Anyone take this before?
    Hmm, i wonder if the something else is progesterone

Old 04-03-2015, 08:38 PM   #9
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'm sure it is as that's the two drugs in Hrt.

Why not just ask for birth control? It's pretty much the same as HRT. If it works, then you know you are on the right track.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:13 AM   #10
    Murph92107
    (female)

Murph92107 HB User

I'm not sure!! That's the problem is no doctor can seem to come up with any answers. My tongue has been hurting a lot the last few days and it was coated with a white stuff on Saturday. It came off though now but still hurts. My ears are ringing and I'm so incredible light headed!! I've read other forums with similar symptoms. I keep checking myself for rashes, swollen lymph nodes, etc. but nothing. I haven't been sick either, no headaches or fever. My mouth, eyes, skin and light-headedness seem to be the biggies here. I am definitely in perimenopause which has been confirmed by the doctor. Today, going to a dermatologist. I just wish I knew for sure that's what this is and nothing horrible!!!!!

Old 04-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #11
    Murph92107
    (female)

Murph92107 HB User
    Burning mouth and dizziness with perimenopause

Hello out there in menopause land!

I'm having problems and need answers. I'm finding these forums are much better than any doctor. Most of the doctor's I've seen think I'm crazy!!

Started 4 months ago with horrible burning mouth!! I feel like someone sand-papered my tongue, roof of mouth, floor of mouth, lips, etc. I've seen doctor's, dentists and they think it's all in my head. I got tested and I'm in perimenopause. The other crazy symptom is this awful brain fog I have every day. I feel like I'm miles above the earth, everything is bright and I have a difficult time focusing and my ears are ringing. This has been going on for a couple months. And then there's my skin!!! I suddenly look years older and my eyes are blurry and dry. I have a terrible time sleeping but take sleep aids if it's hours I'm tossing and turning (I try and only take for emergency situations).

I read somewhere that a supplement called alpha lipoic acid works for burning mouth. I started taking it yesterday and I got a funky rash that looked like a sunburn on my arms and legs. I honestly have thought I'm dying from a horrible disease. Seems like one thing after another.

I got my hair colored today, first time since December and to be perfectly honest it really wasn't that bad. Normally it needs to be done every 6 weeks and this time it's been 4 months. I don't know if this is good or bad. Now I'm wondering if my hair is even growing!!

My neck also started hurting about a month ago. Not like neck pain from sitting at a desk all day but different...hard to explain. It's not my lymph nodes. This kinda comes and goes.

I went to see my gyno and she has no answers and put my on birth control pills. I started taking them 4 days ago.

Does anyone have similar symptoms or am I going nutso?

Thanks for reading!

Old 04-09-2015, 03:30 AM   #12
    wilberry228
    (female)

wilberry228 HB Userwilberry228 HB Userwilberry228 HB Userwilberry228 HB User
    Re: Burning mouth and dizziness with perimenopause

Hi-sorry you have weird things that nobody can explain. My mouth doesn't burn but it often gets dry as do my eyes. I use biotine mouthwash and it helps a bit. Also chewing sugarless gum can help me. I hope the pills will even out your symptoms! Good luck!

Old 04-09-2015, 08:57 AM   #13
    Murph92107
    (female)

Murph92107 HB User

Thanks! Yes, I've used Biotene and it seems to irritate my mouth more. I'm scheduled for the doctor tomorrow so I hope all goes well. Just seems like every day something else strange happens and makes me think it's something serious.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #14
    wilberry228
    (female)

wilberry228 HB Userwilberry228 HB Userwilberry228 HB Userwilberry228 HB User

Maybe it's an allergy to something? Good luck. Hope the doc can help you!

Old 04-09-2015, 02:48 PM   #15
    Billschick
    (female)

Billschick HB User

Goodness, I hope you get some clarity on what it can be I can't imagine having all those symptoms kind of sounds like anemia to some degree but if your not bleeding? otherwise those are real drastic hormonal change symptoms ( it sounds like if nothing else) that you might really be someone that needs the HRT. i don't mean to seem so skeptical but it seems that all that the doctors says is "drugs" related to fix anything and there are side effects to all that stuff BUT if it is a drastic decline in hormone that is the culprit it might be what you need. Keep us posted if you don't mind i'm so confused between my Ulcer and possible IBS that i can't tell my symptoms apart but it does not sound like you have any other possible ailments that your considering at this time..Good luck let us know.

Closed Thread