It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Menopause Ain't for Sissies

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #1
    LeslieLou
    (female)

LeslieLou HB User
    Menopause Ain't for Sissies

Hi ladies, I am grateful to have found this board. I discovered it when I researched "trouble swallowing menopause" because I just realized I'm indeed in full-on Menopause and 6 months ago I started having this problem swallowing pills along with lots of tummy trouble. I've had every test imaginable, and so far, they're all normal (except for my menopause hormones, which are positive). In addition to the swallowing problem and tummy trouble, I've also suffered from an increase in depression, anxiety, severe fatigue, brain fog, memory loss, dizziness, headaches, ears ringing, tingling in my hands, pain in my thumb (trigger finger?), and the list goes on. Eight years ago, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which involves constant body pain that rotates around my body every day along with these strange, painful lumps and bumps on my shins (edema?). I suspect menopause is exacerbating those symptoms. At least I know what's going on ... I think. Thanks for your support, Leslie Lou

Last edited by mod85; 05-16-2016 at 07:00 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to LeslieLou:
    gandc (08-04-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2016, 09:08 AM   #2
    gandc
    (female)

gandc HB User
    Re: Menopause Ain't for Sissies

I know! I feel your pain. Have you looked into hormone replacement?

Old 08-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
    Sadtosay
    Veteran
    (female)

Sadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB User
    Re: Menopause Ain't for Sissies

Have you had your thyroid checked? Often low thyroid function is mis-diagnosed as fibro because the symptoms can be so similar. Difficulty swallowing is one of the many symptoms of thyroid disease. Also, sometimes fibro and thyroid disease go hand in hand. There is even research that shows a small dose of the thyroid hormone T3 can alleviate some fibro symptoms, notably the pain (most doctors know nothing about this).

If you do get your thyroid checked, insist that your doctor order a full thyroid panel, not just a TSH test.

And definitely look into hormone replacement, too.

Last edited by Sadtosay; 08-04-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    fibromyalgia treatment, menopause relief, swallowing difficulty