It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Menopausal weight gain?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #1
VickieLL
(female)

VickieLL HB User
Menopausal weight gain?

Hi everyone. I really hope anyone can help me here. A few months ago I noticed that I have gained alot of weight in my upper abdomen and my waist line. I am in menopause. I have been having alot of problems for months now with difficulty talking up stairs and I'm assuming it's my muscles in calves doing that. So, I'm not as active as I was before that problem. I used to take over a dozen full trips up and down my steps a day along with doing alot of cleaning and such downstairs. I am now down to 2 trips with the steps a day. Here is what I've noticed just in the past few months.

1. alot of weight gain in upper abdomen,lower abdomen and waist line.
2. I get heart flutters from,I'm assuming, weight gain and bloat
3. None of my clothes that used to fit just fine are too small now, including jeans,leggings and shirts mainly due to the increased girth in upper abdomen and waist.
4. Some shortness of breath(maybe from weight gain?)
5. Weight gain in my thighs.
6. this weight gain has now terrified me thinking all of this is due to either heart failure or ascites.

So I am wondering if any other of you menopausal ladies have the same thing going on. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading my post. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Menopausal weight gain?

Very common at this age and much harder to lose. I would get a check up and make sure nothing else is going on and then get on a diet and exercise program.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:21 PM   #3
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Menopausal weight gain?

I have not had this happen, but that is probably because I have heard of it happening to so many women, I made it a point to increase my exercise program and really try to watch what I eat.
You should get a physical to make sure that you arent dealing with something else first, and once you get the all clear find some way to increase your activity. It sounds like you are motivated...now its just a matter of easing back in to activity!
Good luck and happy thanksgiving to you too!

Closed Thread

Tags
menopause, weight gain