It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Warning: Slightly Graphic Description

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-19-2016, 11:47 PM   #1
    JosieLee
    (female)

JosieLee HB User
    Unhappy Warning: Slightly Graphic Description

Apologies in advance for the graphic details in my post, but without detailing my problem, you may find it difficult to offer your advice.

I was diagnosed as peri menopausal approximately 7 weeks ago. I have Bipolar and my depression was more excessive and more crippling than usual. Hence the diagnosis after blood tests to confirm peri menopause.
    Until now I hadn't had a period for 71 days but had been spotting for at least 4 weeks prior to my blood tests. Becoming increasingly frustrated with constantly spotting, my doctor prescribed the contraceptive pill. She advised me to skip the sugar pills to stop the spotting.
    I've been on the pill for about six and a half weeks. After about 3 weeks my doctor increased the strength as I was still spotting.
    Now the problem is I have had an extremely heavy period for 10 days. Today I was greeted by a few clots and other muck I won't gross you out with. The bleeding is so heavy and shows no signs of letting up.

I am 44 years old, I don't really have hot flushes. My doctor also sent me for a pelvic ultrasound (transvaginal) to rule out anything sinister as I'm also extremely fatigued. The sonographer noticed a small cyst on one of my ovaries but apparently not big enough to cause bleeding.

Unfortunately I can't get into my doctor until next week and am reluctant to see another one.

Any opinions on this excessive bleeding and other gunk would be truly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2016, 08:15 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Warning: Slightly Graphic Description

Sounds like you might be experiencing Endometriosis and are releasing clots...the only way to find out what is going on is to talk to your GYN again. You are going to need another ultrasound to begin with as things can change very quickly pelvicly...
    Please try not to worry...you may have had a cyst erupt that wasnt there previously..or it could be something else- but it didnt get there overnight to cause this much bleeding. Maybe you want another opinion from another gyn?

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    JosieLee (12-20-2016)
    Closed Thread