It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

I quit my job.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #1
Mandarra
(female)

Mandarra HB UserMandarra HB User
I quit my job.

Is menopause making me crazy? I up and quit a job that I was at for 10 years. I am now unemployed. I didn't like the way I was being treated, but I loved my job, good money, now I'm at home and I'm so confused as to why I did that? Is it menopause? I'm 59, who's going to hire me now? Omg, what did I do?

ANYBODY doing things like this?

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2017, 02:53 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I quit my job..

Yes that's probably it. Are you on HRT?

Old 04-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
Mandarra
(female)

No, I'm not on anything.

Old 04-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #4
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You should consider it. Talk with your gyno.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:04 PM   #5
Azzumi
(female)

Azzumi HB User

Definately sounds like hormones to me. I had times when I couldn't cope with anything and would cry on and off all day. I came very close to leaving my job and my partner a few times. Don't underestimate how powerful hormones can be. Maybe have a look at bio identical replacement. It saved my life.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #6
Mandarra
(female)

Thank you for your response. I'm afraid to take anything for fear of side effects. I'm teary all the time. This has been going on for years, when is it over!

Old 04-11-2017, 02:25 PM   #7
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

what side effects worry you? Try it for a couple of months, see how you feel and then decide.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:22 PM   #8
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User

How long have you been post menopausal? Definitely sounds like hormones. I too am not on anything and have been told by many to ride it out as naturally as I can and I get teary also. I will say, that I don't put up with much from people either. I had a job I dearly loved and my boss (who was VERY hormonal) at the time, yelled at me for absolutely no reason in front of people and I up and quit and told her I was not accustomed to being spoken to in that manner after everything I had done for her so you are not alone. What are your worst symptoms going through this naturally?

Old 04-13-2017, 01:12 AM   #9
Azzumi
(female)

Azzumi HB User

I responded earlier and wanted to add. I've been on bio identicals for 10 weeks now and the difference is huge. Most of my symptoms have gone and my moods have settled down. I take a troche with estrogen progesterone & testosterone. The levels are according to my blood work and symptoms. We just don't produce hormones the way we used to and a lot of us need help to balance them again. I knew I couldn't keep going the way I was and the last straw for me was buying kitty litter at the supermarket then sitting in the car crying. I knew then something was very wong.
Iv had my hormone replacement adjusted once and took a few weeks for it to kick in but its definitely worth it.
I can deal with life again and the normal ups and downs it brings.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:56 AM   #10
smokeymtnrain
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzumi View Post
I responded earlier and wanted to add. I've been on bio identicals for 10 weeks now and the difference is huge. Most of my symptoms have gone and my moods have settled down. I take a troche with estrogen progesterone & testosterone. The levels are according to my blood work and symptoms. We just don't produce hormones the way we used to and a lot of us need help to balance them again. I knew I couldn't keep going the way I was and the last straw for me was buying kitty litter at the supermarket then sitting in the car crying. I knew then something was very wong.
Iv had my hormone replacement adjusted once and took a few weeks for it to kick in but its definitely worth it.
I can deal with life again and the normal ups and downs it brings.

Are you concerned at all about getting too much estrogen? Because you know what that can lead to...that's what concerns me about HRT

Old 04-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #11
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Second hand smoke can lead to breast, pancreatic, lung and other cancers as well. The main things to look at - are you at higher risk due to family history and how important is feeling and being well to you? There are NO female cancers of any kind in my family going out to great aunts. There is only ONE case of cancer in my male close relatives and that was an uncle who got pancreatic cancer at 83 and he smoked. So my risk is minimal. I get my mammogram every year. I do breast exams. My sister has been on HRT since she had a hysterectomy in her mid 30's and she is 70 now. I've been on it since I was 57 and I am 71. I was on birth control from 22 to 57 with maybe 10 years total off of it. My bone density scan has improved every two years and the docs all say it's due to the HRT. And now my scan is normal. So is my sister's. -1.0. No hair loss. My skin is great. I look early 50s at the oldest. I jog. I lift weights. Mow my grass. Sex is wonderful Is it worth it to me? Heck yeah!

Old 04-20-2017, 04:42 PM   #12
Mandarra
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeymtnrain View Post
How long have you been post menopausal? Definitely sounds like hormones. I too am not on anything and have been told by many to ride it out as naturally as I can and I get teary also. I will say, that I don't put up with much from people either. I had a job I dearly loved and my boss (who was VERY hormonal) at the time, yelled at me for absolutely no reason in front of people and I up and quit and told her I was not accustomed to being spoken to in that manner after everything I had done for her so you are not alone. What are your worst symptoms going through this naturally?

I've been post menopausal for almost four years. I still can't believe that I quit a job that I needed and liked because the office manager didn't like me. Im crying all the time. I have horrible mood swings. My worst symptom is the hot flashes. They are brutal, day and night.
I'm also very doctor phobic so I don't want to take anything because that would mean doctors appointments and tests.
I really want my job back, but I doubt they would take me back after the scene I made.

Not liking myself at the moment.

Mary

Old 04-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #13
smokeymtnrain
(female)

Re: I quit my job.

I have heard sugar will bring on hot flashes. Maybe drink9ng more water will keep you from having them so much. Are you taking any vitamins and supplements? I too do not want to go to a doctor if I can help it because it will turn into an ongoing debt! I know this is hard but know you are not alone. Hopefully you have support of family and friends which I personally have found out, my family is not very understanding at all but I just don't worry about it and do what I can.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #14
Azzumi
(female)

Azzumi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeymtnrain View Post
Are you concerned at all about getting too much estrogen? Because you know what that can lead to...that's what concerns me about HRT
My estrogen was too high in the beginning so he adjusted it. Iv been really good but last few days been feeling strange again. Iv had some personal issues that I'm in counseling for so I'm not sure if its that or hormones. Get bloods done again early June to see where I'm at so hopefully this is just a few average days and nothing more. I need to decide whether or not to stay with my partner but I don't trust my judgment at the moment. Been feeling very confused again and I'm not sure why.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:29 PM   #15
smokeymtnrain
(female)

Re: I quit my job.

If you are feeling like that, maybe you can get in sooner to have your levels check. Sounds like it needs some more adjusting.

Reply Reply