It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Convinced I'm dying ...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #1
    mainiacmomof4
    (female)

mainiacmomof4 HB User
    Convinced I'm dying ...

I'm 50 and over the last 6 months have been experiencing more and more troublesome and weird symptoms:
    Long periods currently on day 11 of this one
    Tingling of arms, legs, feet
    "Humming" in ears
    Anxiety
    Insomnia
    Rage
    Scatterbrain
    Clumsiness
    CONSTIPATION, GAS, BLOATING (this is what's really making me crazy). I'm afraid to eat, becoming obsessed with going to the bathroom.
    No ambition
    Had physical last week: labs normal, X-rays of neck and back normal, have called for screening colonoscopy, GYN appointment this week.
    Hoping that I can get some answers, like I'm not dying.
    A little symptom relief would be welcome as well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2017, 04:53 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Convinced I'm dying...

Peri menopause. Ask your gyno about birth control. It can help

Old 10-02-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
    LibbyCat
    (female)

LibbyCat HB User
    Re: Convinced I'm dying ...

Hi, I soooo understand and feel the same way!! I've had weird symptoms which started out as a cold, congested cough early in the summer, along with feeling "feverish" off and on but no registered fever. Turned more to feeling hot in my face and neck, then chilly. Had bloodwork, scan as well...normal but white count a little high. So yes, I am freaking out that something is very wrong, despite doctor's ok that it's "normal." My periods have been regular but heavier, last one I felt awful, tons of flashes, heat, palps. etc. Just had blood tested again and praying white cells went down. Hoping it's peri...hang in there!!

Old 10-25-2017, 01:40 PM   #4
    sw403
    (female)

sw403 HB User

I take magnesium and flax oil for constipation. They work great. HRT cured my insomnia and helps my mood very much.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:18 AM   #5
    weathergirls
    Inactive
    (female)

weathergirls HB Userweathergirls HB Userweathergirls HB User

Maybe try bioidevtical HRT (Vivelle, Minivelle estradiol patches, Divigel estradiol gel, then progesterone natural capsules) thatís natural estradiol and natural progesterone. Gentler on the body, less side effects/risks than synthetics. Transdermal is better than pills in terms of safety. If youíre in peri you could ask for a very low dose HRT to start. Just be aware that when youíre in perimenopause and your hormones are swinging all over the place, anything that you add in is going to be on top of what youíre in body is still making. You may still have bleeding issues and other symptoms that simply cannot be controlled fully because your body is swinging wildly in and out of hormone surges. This happened to me from about age 47 to close to 50. Then seemed to settle down.

Closed Thread