It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Pre Menopause mood and insomnia symptoms

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2017, 10:38 PM   #1
gemo
(female)

gemo HB User
Pre Menopause mood and insomnia symptoms

I am wondering if anyone has had their pre menopause start with mood and insomnia symptoms. Everything else is normal but my sleep pattern is awful and my mood has changed. I am getting very stressed, grumpy and moody. My periods etc are normal. I am thinking of getting my hormone levels checked. Has anyone else started their pre menopause with the same symptoms? It's not like me at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2017, 04:48 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Pre Menopause mood and insomnia symptoms

Yes, those are symptoms of peri menopause along with hot flashes, etc. Your FSH level may not show anything at this point. A level of 34 is considered menopausal. Talk with your gyno. If you are so inclined, birth control, if you aren't on it, can help or changing the one you're on.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:25 AM   #3
gemo
(female)

gemo HB User

Oh brill!!!!! Thing is hot flushes seem to be a common side effect but haven't had this? I am due a repeat prescription for this so will see what they say. thank you

Last edited by gemo; 12-06-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #4
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Some people don't have them...some do. Everyone is different. When I started having symptoms,my gyno just changed my bcp and that did the trick till I went on HRT full time.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:21 PM   #5
gemo
(female)

gemo HB User

Ok thanks. Did your bloods show up as having peri menopause changes?

Old 12-07-2017, 04:55 AM   #6
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Having it tested on birth control is tricky because it clouds the issue. You have to draw blood on the last day of your placebo pills. I was 50 when it started and by 57 was skipping the odd period on bcp so just went to HRT and never tested then

Reply Reply