It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

definitely going through peri, just a little nervous with certain symptoms ...

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 06:36 PM   #1
KeekP HB User
definitely going through peri, just a little nervous with certain symptoms ...

Hello everyone and Happy 2018,

I am 49, soon to 50 in July. I am experiencing the digestive issues like a lot of other women. My GP thought "maybe" IBS, headed to GI doc Feb 1st. my pain sounds like other women as well. All over pain, gas pain, sometimes landing on the left side. sometimes no pain for days at which I think Im all good and eat what I want and BAM I'm headed into another week of pain. Sometimes 5 days beforeing having a BM. I did incorporate benefiber into my diet which definitely helps. I don't have D ever and yesterday experienced explosive D immediately after drinking organic chicken broth. I also am experiencing night sweats (particularly 2 a couple nights ago right in a row) the sweat was between my chest and a little on my neck. I am on my period so I think those were pretty normal and The last few days I have experienced flu/cold like symptoms but nothing happens. Tonight I am flushed with no fever, but my ear feels warm and full like I'm getting an ear infection soooo....I check my lymph nodes and they seem a little swollen more the left then right. Somewhat sore to the touch but none the less....Im freaking out and going to the dark side. Sometimes Google is awesome and a great friend and other times Google is HORRIBLE!!! I know that pain is a good thing in nodes but still Im freaking out. I don't eat NOT because I lost my appetite but because I'm afraid my stomach will act up which causes anxiety so I have lost 7pds in the last month. I don't have a fever (just checked 98.4) my blood pressure is normal....... Just need to know if anyone else is or has experienced anything similar.

By the way......My GP is a woman, mid 50's and has absolutely NO sympathy/empathy for my peri symptoms. NONE!!

THANK YOU ladies in advance for any help. My anxiety is through the roof.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 01-14-2018, 05:25 AM   #2
Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: definitely going through peri, just a little nervous with certain symptoms ...

Gallbladder issues are common in women of a certain age. You might want to ask about that. Also I'd see some gyno from the rest of it. PCP just usually don't deal with peri and menopause well.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:38 PM   #3
dcs316 HB Userdcs316 HB User
Re: definitely going through peri, just a little nervous with certain symptoms ...

Hi! Just read your post and oh my God do you sound like I did when I was in your position!!! Quick profile - I was in peri from age 42 to 47 at which time I went into full blown menopause. I am now 52. It sounds mostly like your anxiety has taken over. Which I completely get! Anxiety was one of the worst symptoms I had - especially during peri. I worried about EVERYTHING - especially my health. I just knew that every little thing that happened was a symptom of some horrible disease. I had so many of the GI symptoms you are having, so many times my night sweats were so bad that I had to change my pj’s in the middle of the night and I had that general flu like feeling A LOT. If you look up the 28 menopause symptoms those are all on there and I think I had all but 2 of them. It’s so much going on at once you just don’t know what to do. Personally, I needed to work on the anxiety in order to deal with the rest of it. I tried daily anti-anxiety meds but didn’t like the side effects so opted to take Ativan when my anxiety was at its worst. It was a godsend for me. I still had all the stuff going on but I was able to deal with it a little better and wouldn’t panic so easily. I still have a lot of the symptoms though they are much less intense and less often. Even my anxiety is lessened. At this point, being unable to sleep well is my biggest complaint - though I hate the daily hot flashes. I guess what I’m saying to you is that, as crazy as it all is and as crazy as you feel, I really think that (unfortunately) it’s all pretty normal for peri/menopause. It does get better. And I’m hoping that continues until I can actually feel like my normal self again - or something at least close! Hang in there and use medication if you need it to get through. There is no shame in that and, at least for me, it really helps!! Take care!

Reply Reply