It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Menopause?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #1
cad523
(female)

cad523 HB User
Menopause?

Good evening. I am 50 years old. I was on birth control pills for about 30 years until last April, when my GP encouraged me to go off of them due to increased risk for heart attack and stroke.

When I first went off, I noticed very little change. I honestly felt that I had begun menopause. During the previous years, my period has almost completely disappeared (I jokingly called them commas instead of periods due to the lack of heavy bleeding and cramping.) For the first four months, my body continued to behave the same as it had on the pill.

In December, I had a period for the first time in over 10 years. It lasted for about 6 days, and I also had cramps in addition to the bleeding. This month, my bleeding has increased even more. I am on day 7 today, and my flow is still heavy.

Just looking for any feedback from anyone who has been through this also. Is this out of the ordinary?

I do have an appointment in less than 2 weeks with my GP for blood work, so I can speak with her then. I am not due to see my GYN until July, but I can try to make an appointment if this seems to be out of the norm.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2018, 06:21 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Menopause?

The birth control was acting as an HRT for you. Stopping it has caused this. Perhaps you should have talked with your gyno instead. An FSH level of 34 is menopausal. You might want . To investigate HRT. See your gyno.

Closed Thread