It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• rare case of hormonal imbalance! Help!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-16-2018, 05:53 AM   #1
    evant
    (female)

evant HB User
    Early menopause 31 years old High FSH- LH low estradiol

Hello, ladies
    First of all sorry in advance for any language mistakes
    Since 2016 I face severe perimenopausal symptoms on daily basis...I visited many doctors but they keep telling me that I am younf and it was stress...
    Finally after two years of exams I received yesterday my results and I am very upset
    Fsh 20,5
    LH 18,3
    Estradiol 23
    on day 3 of my cycle ( I still have regular cycle 26- 30 days, never missed a period)

I am going to see my doctor the next week but I know that my condition is serious and irreversible. My menopausal symptoms are terrible...apart from this my gyno found a huge ovarian cyst attached to my right ovary ( 6cm) and I need surgery in order to remove it...I do not know what kind of cyst is this but according to my doctor is quite solid not a functional cyst
    Is there a possibility the large cyst affects the high numbers of my Fsh and LH?
    Last April my test results
    FSH 9,99
    LH 10,45
    E2 48,42

Is there anyone lady who is at similar situation and close to my age?
    I am really desperate...My condition is so rare I think

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2018, 05:11 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Early menopause 31 years old High FSH- LH low estradiol

WEll, an FSH of 34 is considered menopausal and you aren't near that yet. Once you have the cyst removed, are you considering birth control? It can help with all sorts of symptoms.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:13 AM   #3
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

Ovarian cysts can affect hormone levels. Most cysts, even solid appearing ones, are benign. Imaging isn't exact so it can be difficult to tell the type of cyst. Do you know how long you've had the cyst? Oftentimes they resolve on their own within a few months.

Hopefully, your surgeon will be removing just the cyst (cystectomy) if it doesn't resolve on its own. Removal of even one ovary can impair fertility and even cause the other ovary to "malfunction" leading to an induced / unnatural menopause or earlier menopause. Wishing you the best with this.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:37 AM   #4
    evant
    (female)

evant HB User
    rare case of hormonal imbalance! Help!

Hello again,
    I am only 31 years old and I am experiencing severe perimenopausal symptoms on a daily basis....
    I think that my symptoms began on 2012 because since then my behavior has completely changed... I do not know from where to start....The vivid dreams and nightmares are one of the many horrible symptoms of my situation...Since 2012 till today I have vivid dreams and nightmares every night...It has been 6 years now and my situation is becoming worse day by day...
    My mood changes are horrible, I think that I am becoming paranoid
    Extreme irritability along with severe type of depression. I am becoming violent sometimes and trying to control it but it is impossible, to be honest!
    After my break up on 2012 a doctor prescribed me remeron....I took it in order to eat and sleep because I have lost my appetite and my self control...no sleep at all, only crying all day and hitting myself...slaps to my face, trichotillomania .... I was in a state of shock and severe stress
    All this time I had PMDD I think that was the reason I broke up my relationship!
    When I was about 27 years old I started experiencing my first hot flashes especially before my period! I said it to my mother and she thought it was a symptom of depression and stress...The dreaming was unstoppable as I said earlier..no deep sleep at all...weird dreams of people trying to kill me, chasing, abandonement
    I was waking up in order to go to my work and within two hours I was feeling tired and I was having dark cycles around my eyes...Especially the summer I have a dysanexia to heat...and my nervousness, I am constantly ready to fight with everyone or other days I feel deep depression and crying with trivial things...
    On May 2016 I had a sudden laparoscopic surgery because I had a rupture luteal cyst on the mid cycle and I learned that the doctor cut a small part of my ovary...After the operation my situation has become worse...new symptoms arised....
    Allergies especially to pollen, bile reflux, gastritis, joint and bone pain, ibs, hot flashes now after, during and before my period.. severe fatigue, pain everywhere and everyday, cramping, itching, formication on my scalp, on my stomach above my ovaries and an icy hot sensation around my waist which expands down my legs, severe insomnia and difficulty to sleep and daily episodes of hypoglucaemia and low blood sugar, during ovulation and my period an unbearable pain like needles isnide my uterus and I think that I can feel my ovulation around 7 to 11 day of cycle, earlier than the 15 day ... no sex drive during the whole month, only the day before my early ovulation... I have also noticed that unwanted hair sprout everywhere on body, on my nipples, on my thighs, long dark hair inside my nose( bliah!!!), long dark hair on my eyebrows and one down my chin....sensitivity to sounds, to light.. I am miserable, I know!

Generally speaking I have all the emotional, mental and physical symptoms of peri to a horrible degree..I am searching desperately for a solution as I cannot live anymore with all this torture..I am so young....I have an appointment this week with my gyno but I am not very optimist about my condition

I have to mention that I had all the symptoms before my surgery but not to a degree like now...I could function and do my daily activities...
    To another post I referred to my last hormone tests that was horrible indicating that something is going wrong with me, according to my young age ( fsh 20,5 LH 18,5 estradiol 23, perimenopausal values) ! And my last ultrasound showed a large ovarian cyst that has to be surgically removed again.
    I tend to believe that sth weird I happening to my body...sth autoimmune related to my ovaries and the pituitary gland!

The truth is that it is not the first time that I have hormonal problems! On 2009 I had another hormone blood test and then I had high levels of androstendione and a little high level of free testosterone, high levels of estradiol and low fsh ....Then a doctor gave me gynofen which I took it only for a month...I repeat the hormone test and on February of 2010 my fsh was 6,7, LH 10,5 and very low levels of estradiol around 20 and low testosterone...I was feeling relatively normal till 2012..

So, I was wondering if there is any correlation between androgens and estrogen levels? I have read that testosterone and androgens turn into estradiol and the low estradiol leads to higher levels of fsh and lh ...it is the biolochemical circle of the pituary gland....
    Now my testosterone is very low as well my estradiol and I believe that this is the reason that I have menopausal symptoms every day.
    I am also wondering if lupus can cause cysts on ovaries, maybe I have to run an antinuclear test...

Sorry for the long post but my situation is not funny at all... I am scared for osteporosis, for heart disease ( I have heart palpitations here and there) and I want to become a functional person again. It is not normal to live like this

I have found a few members of the board that going through this in their early thirties but their not active anymore to discuss with them...Is there anyone girl of my age suffering like me?

ps my thyroid checked numerous times and it was normal

thank u in advance

Old 02-26-2018, 12:15 PM   #5
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: rare case of hormonal imbalance! Help!

Hi there. I do not think you are experiencing menopausal or peri menopausal symptoms...I think your cyst is causing your hormones to fluctuate.

You are no where near menopausal according to your numbers. You have to hit at least 30 on the FSH AND not have a period for one year for this to be considered...at your age, and with your numbers, this is not perimenopause.

A cyst is painful...and can definitely mess with your hormones. Having it out is going to change this quite a bit for you and not only will you be more comfortable, but your levels are going to level out again.

I wouldn't be worried if I were you....but I would get the cyst removed. That size cyst is definitely playing havoc on your body.

Good luck. Trust your doctor and really- try not to worry. Otherwise (besides the cyst) none of your numbers are really that out of wack!

Old 02-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #6
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

This could still / continue to be symptoms of PMDD which you mentioned was your diagnosis before the the laparoscopic cyst surgery in 2016. Have you tried a number of birth control pills or other contraceptives to try to address these hormonal issues? Have you had a complete endocrine workup to check for pituitary, thyroid and/or adrenal issues?

Old 02-27-2018, 02:23 PM   #7
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Just a few comments from me. With all your symptoms, I would get checked for lupus. Autoimmune premature ovarian failure can be associated with lupus and can cause severe premenstrual dysphoria. Your situation sounds like mine. I went through perimenopause in early 30's, was diagnosed with lupus later, and had anti-ovarian antibodies in my blood (not all Drs. measure these) as well as severe PMS, ovarian cysts and problems with my 2 pregnancies. I would review your family history for autoimmune diseases and review the symptoms of lupus separate from perimenopause. It is very possible to have both and perhaps your Dr. will check you for anti-ovarian antibodies. The hormone deficiencies can be treated so you feel better and the cysts can often be suppressed medically. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is another situation that might be considered.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:14 AM   #8
    evant
    (female)

evant HB User

First of all I would like to thank you for your answers!

I visited my gyno last Thursday and I showed him my results...He told me that my hormones levels are not compatible to my age but to an older woman...I was prepared for this answer! But he reassured me that my ovaries are still working good! I told him that I feel too early my ovulation and sometimes twice at a month and that on 15 day of my cycle I cannot stop crying. I told him about my vivid and constant dreaming, the fatigue......

I described him again all of my symptoms and he did not seem to agree about the intensity and he advised me to see s psychologist to talk no pills

I asked him why my estradiol is so low along with high fsh and lh and he told me that this is good and if my estradiol was higher then we will have problem...He also told me that next month the levels may be different and not so high! I told him that during my period I have hot flashes and he told me that there is no way because I have regular period and that I feel that I have hot flashes because I am searching on the internet and my mind has been affected!!!!!! But I am sure that I feeling hot and my parents touch me and I am like burning from inside ( especially my face)

The ultrasound showed that my cyst is stable in size 6 cm ( doctor believes that it looks like endometriosis cyst ) and two luteal cysts.
    I forget to ask him if I have to repeat antinuclear exams for autoimmune disorders...

My test Pap showed plenty of candida and he prescribed me antibiotic...I firmly believe that my hypoglycemic episodes along with low estradiol levels cause the candida overgrowth because I have no sexual life since my last test Pap a year ago.

About the prescription of birth control he will decide after the operation.

Thank you again

Last edited by Administrator; 03-04-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:02 AM   #9
    caramelcoffee
    (female)

caramelcoffee HB User

has the doctor given you any meds? any hrt?
    im 34 and my fsh is 55 but my estrogen and all the rest and my cycle, are all normal. so .... dont get discouraged. ask your doc to do further tests, there are many other tests they can perform to be sure what it is.

Reply Reply