It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Abnormal bleeding again ...

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #1
Juliennes
(female)

Juliennes HB User
Abnormal bleeding again ...

I have had instances of abnormal bleeding numerous times in the last 10 years, had tests done and found no sinister cause. The last time was almost 2 years ago and I had not had a period for several months then started bleeding after intercourse. Bloodwork was done that showed that I was menopausal though the doctor was surprised since I was only 44. Had a transvaginal ultrasound that showed that everything was fine and as it should be. I am now 46 and have not had a period in 2 years and have been hot flash and essentially menopause symptom-free for a couple of months now. A few days ago I started having intense vaginal itching and now I have what seems like a period. (I used to have itching right before getting my period) I have a doctor's appointment on Monday to get checked out but I am really freaking out as everything I have looked at online points to very bad things regarding bleeding after menopause. I am so scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2018, 05:58 PM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Abnormal bleeding again ...

Hon, at age 46 your body still might not be fully completely done with creating hormones. You very well might not be fully menopausal. Hopefully that is all it is.

If nothing serious is wrong you might want to supplement hormones. I suggest that you get at least two opinions from gynos not of the same medical group. Gynos that understand natural hormones. Not all Gynos have equal understanding.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-10-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

As long as you have your ovaries, it's possible to have a bleed. Also, it's possible with the itching that the cause of the bleed is vaginal atrophy. It's rather common in women who aren't on HRT. Hopefully it's nothing more serious than these.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #4
Juliennes
(female)

Juliennes HB User

Thank you ladies for the responses...I am glad I have an appointment on Monday and am hoping that it is nothing serious. I am just so scared. I appreciate you taking the time to write...it definitely helps

Old 08-11-2018, 09:10 AM   #5
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

Chances are it's nothing serious. It's not all that unusual to have post-menopausal bleeding in the early years post menopause. And you may not even be in menopause even though it's been over a year since your last period. Sometimes our bodies stop menstruating and then start up again for whatever reason. Thyroid problems are one thing that can cause that but there are others. Hope all checks out fine!

Old 08-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #6
Juliennes
(female)

Juliennes HB User

Went to the dr. this morning. He feels that it is most likely some kind of hormonal issue due to me being fairly young. Had an endometrial biopsy to be safe and he said that the tissue looks good and that he has seen many samples so I should not be worried. I have no idea if that is even possible but I sure want to believe him! Had blood work and will have an ultrasound next Monday before my follow up visit. He thinks that I need HRT which he plans to discuss with me then.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sounds like a good plan.

Reply Reply