It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Post Menopause & Nausea!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-06-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
    Menopause Sucks
    (female)

Menopause Sucks HB User
    Angry Post Menopause & Nausea!

Hi Ladies;

I have been reading these threads about peri-menopause and nausea but not so much about POST menopause and nausea. Are any of you ladies experiencing this God awful nausea POST menopausal????

A little bit about me. I am 51, not really over weight (5'4" and about 150 lbs). My periods had started getting crazy about 2 years ago and my last period was about 11 months ago this month.

I heard all the horror stories about menopause and was like "what are these people complaining about - this is a breeze". Well, it was up until about a few months ago.

Thinking back, last December (I remember this because I was hosting Xmas and thought, this "flu" needs to go away or I am going to puke on everyones food. It did pass (lasted for about 2 weeks)so chalked it up to the flu.

Came back a few months later, then again in September (again lasted about 10 days), then again in October and it's been pretty constant ever since with a few days here and there where I feel decent.

Normal bowel movements and all that jazz.

I have always had really good labs and my labs in July (4 months ago) were actually the best I have ever had. This nausea would not stop so went to a different doctor who again is running all these test as she too didn't recognize nausea as a menopause system.

Few of my labs were:

FSH 108.4
    LH 51.9
    B12 835
    Amylase 98 (upper range of normal)
    Lipase 27
    CA-125 was 6

Doctors said I am post menopausal and not ONE recognized nausea as a symptom. She has me convinced I am crazy or dying of cancer somewhere.

I am going for an H-Pylori test tomorrow if I can get down there before I have my morning coffee which is going to be tough.

I am not bloated, don't get full quickly, no bleeding, not tired a lot, but the nausea, hot flashes, and feels like I have a sock at times twisted on the upper right of my stomach under my ribs and sometimes have a slight achy pain in my right shoulder blade which makes me wonder if this is gall-bladder. I don't really have abdominal pain (maybe a twinge once an awhile on the lower right that I usually disregard as it seems insignificant.

I have a VERY stressful job and I do worry alot. Lost my father at 12 to cancer so I will admit I am slightly hypochondriac.

I am thinking all the worst and praying this is just menopause so hoping you sweet ladies can either squash or confirm I am not going crazy and not dying.

I force myself to eat, have not lost any weight (surprisingly).

Anybody have any thoughts!??? Anybody else experiencing this nausea/hot flash stuff post menopausal!

Thanks Ladies!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2018, 08:24 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Post Menopause & Nausea!

Dear MS,

Hon, no period for 11 months doesn't mean you are done with symptoms, and you may be one that benefits from hormone treatment. However, really there is no reason to assume that your current issue is from menopause.

No, you are not dying or going crazy.
    And, yes your age indicates this very well may be a gall bladder issue. Having a stressful job and cancer in the family really hon is a lot to deal with, but to be healthy you MUST learn and practice some techniques to calm yourself. Exercise even if just long walks and having a pet ate wonderfully calming things we can add to our lives. No one can do that for us; we have to do our own self-calming work.

Actually GB issues CAN make us feel crazy. There are obvious symptoms and then not so obvious symptoms. I felt like I was punched in the upper middle of my back, but only at night when laying down. It affects each person differently, which is why the symptoms may not be so obvious. There is a big variety of possible symptoms. Getting my GB removed was one of the easiest and best things I have done.

Can you get this checked out by a gastroenterologist? Preferably not a young rather inexperienced doctor. Even older more experienced doctors can have a hard time accepting GB disease, because of the variety of possible symptom experiences. Mine did not show up in a scan, but the doctor accepted the symptoms as evidence and when removed it did prove to be diseased.

Here is some info for you.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gallstones/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354220

Love,

Last edited by yayagirl; 11-07-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
    waterpiki

waterpiki HB User

Find a good gastroenterologist.

If first one doesn't help, keep looking.

All doctors are not created equal.

I suffer from nausea and dr.'s can't figure it out. The last one came the closest with "gastroparesis."

I mostly wake up with it, sometimes experience it during the day.

I take LOW dose phenergan for mine, it helps, but can make you tired. You need to find the best Dr. and med for- you.

I also had GB issues a long time ago, had it out, didn't feel much better [ as I hoped} there are tests for GB issues, again A good dr. is KEY.

I'm post M. as well. It sucks to be sure. There are women who manage it quite well, but they don't escape everything.

It could also be a simple stomach issue that can be cleared up like H-Pylori

Again, find a good Gastro Dr.

You're NOT crazy.

Good luck!

Old 12-31-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
    Sandy1955
    (female)

Sandy1955 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Menopause Sucks View Post
    Hi Ladies;

I have been reading these threads about peri-menopause and nausea but not so much about POST menopause and nausea. Are any of you ladies experiencing this God awful nausea POST menopausal????

A little bit about me. I am 51, not really over weight (5'4" and about 150 lbs). My periods had started getting crazy about 2 years ago and my last period was about 11 months ago this month.

I heard all the horror stories about menopause and was like "what are these people complaining about - this is a breeze". Well, it was up until about a few months ago.

Thinking back, last December (I remember this because I was hosting Xmas and thought, this "flu" needs to go away or I am going to puke on everyones food. It did pass (lasted for about 2 weeks)so chalked it up to the flu.

Came back a few months later, then again in September (again lasted about 10 days), then again in October and it's been pretty constant ever since with a few days here and there where I feel decent.

Normal bowel movements and all that jazz.

I have always had really good labs and my labs in July (4 months ago) were actually the best I have ever had. This nausea would not stop so went to a different doctor who again is running all these test as she too didn't recognize nausea as a menopause system.

Few of my labs were:

FSH 108.4
    LH 51.9
    B12 835
    Amylase 98 (upper range of normal)
    Lipase 27
    CA-125 was 6

Doctors said I am post menopausal and not ONE recognized nausea as a symptom. She has me convinced I am crazy or dying of cancer somewhere.

I am going for an H-Pylori test tomorrow if I can get down there before I have my morning coffee which is going to be tough.

I am not bloated, don't get full quickly, no bleeding, not tired a lot, but the nausea, hot flashes, and feels like I have a sock at times twisted on the upper right of my stomach under my ribs and sometimes have a slight achy pain in my right shoulder blade which makes me wonder if this is gall-bladder. I don't really have abdominal pain (maybe a twinge once an awhile on the lower right that I usually disregard as it seems insignificant.

I have a VERY stressful job and I do worry alot. Lost my father at 12 to cancer so I will admit I am slightly hypochondriac.

I am thinking all the worst and praying this is just menopause so hoping you sweet ladies can either squash or confirm I am not going crazy and not dying.

I force myself to eat, have not lost any weight (surprisingly).

Anybody have any thoughts!??? Anybody else experiencing this nausea/hot flash stuff post menopausal!

Thanks Ladies!
    I feel for you. I went through menopause at 55 & was hit hard out of the blue with extreme nausea. I had every medical/gastro/gall bladder test in the book, including a camera endoscopy! I was convinced it was menopause but NO doctor recognized that as a symptom. I found a lot of others thru online forums that also had nausea so that helped keep me sane. Unfortunately, mine lasted for 18 months. There were times it was better & sometimes would suddenly just go away for a while. I tried bioidentical hormones & that was a nightmare in itself.

When it eventually went away I was good for 4 years then it crept back in & the last 2 years Iíve had some recurrences, though not nearly as severe (mostly after very stressful times or if I start eating a lot of junk, especially sweets).

Other symptoms I had were anxiety (never before ever had that), upper back pain & hot flashes or cold, couldnít get warm.

I hope things are improving for you. If not, I can give you some ideas of things that helped me. Good luck!

Old 12-31-2018, 07:04 PM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You didn't mention anything about HRT . Have you discussed that with your gyno? It helps a lot of people. I've been on it for almost 16 years and my sister for about 35. Very pleased with it. Just a suggestion since you didn't mention it.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:22 AM   #6
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I started having pain and extreme nausea about 2 year ago...and had every test in the world. I was also going through menopause at the time. I wound up having my GB out and it completely stopped!

I am years into menopause now and still have hot flashes.They do not stop once you are im menopause for everyone!

Old 01-12-2019, 04:46 PM   #7
    claire779
    (female)

claire779 HB User

Hi. I'm 57 and have not had a period for 3 years but just this past Christmas eve, nausea came on and it still remains!!! Doctors are baffled. I have chronic gastritis though, so that might be it. I can't understand why I experience it every day, as cautiously as I have been eating. I would like to think it's some post-menopausal phenomenon but I don't know.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:40 PM   #8
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Testing they've done?

Reply Reply

Tags
    menopause, nausea and perimenopause