It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Heart skipping beats??

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #1
    Scruffy60
    (female)

Scruffy60 HB User
    Heart skipping beats??

It is driving me crazy, my heart skips beats, I read somewhere That this was part of menopause? This started a week ago, on a side note just before this started like two days before, I was at my doctors for something altogether different and he said your heart rate is way to fast, I want you to do a EKG which turned out normal, my heart rate went back down, but started skipping beats, has any one experience this during menopause?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2019, 01:15 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Heart skipping beats??

It's called palpatations and it isn't skipping a beat. It's actually beating real close to the previous beat and then the next beat is where it belongs. In other words, beats 1 and 3 are where they belong and beat 2 is closer to 1 than the middle. Very common symptom of menopause. If it really bothers you and does more than one or two, a hard cough can straighten it out most of the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
    Scruffy60 (01-27-2019)
    Old 02-01-2019, 09:15 AM   #3
    dea4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User

Yes, I have had that happen for years, usually worse right before a period would begin. Now that my cycle is super messed up they happen randomly all the time. Be sure you are getting enough magnesium and make sure your vitamin D levels are optimal, all this can affect your heart. If I don't get enough magnesium mine are worse and optimal D levels are important for heart health as well.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I have also experienced this...my GYN assures me it is nothing to worry about. As long as your EKG was normal, just don't think about it.

Reply Reply