It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Perimenopause Hell

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
    Karmakat
    (female)

Karmakat HB User
    Perimenopause Hell

Hi, Iím new to the site and am hoping I get some answers. Iím 52 and going through hell. I started feeling more off about 4 years ago...tired, anxiety, depressed, no motivation. My period stopped for about three months and I felt a lot better. Well oh goody, it started up again and I have the most awful anxiety, depression, insomnia, no motivation etc. I did see a naturopath a year ago, and my hormones all seemed out of whack. But none of the hormone things she prescribed helped a lot. I also have a history of depression, so she thought may be just depression. Well for the last two months when my period stopped I felt much better. Now itís back and Iím a mess again and donít know how much longer I can survive this. My marriage is in the tank and Iím newly married ...husband doesnít understand this at all even though I talk to him always about it.

I just am at my wits end ...I know it must be hormones since I felt better with no period...now itís back and I feel awful..no appetite, tired, anxious, depressed, doom and gloom and dread feelings. Donít want to leave my house. I still push myself to do stuff but it is the hardest thing ever! Has anyone tried hormone therapy and did it help while in peri. ? I feel like my life is over. I just went through the past winter and spring with horrible depression and anxiety and I felt lil better when it stopped now itís back and I canít keep living like this, this is not living..dying sounds so much better right now. Any advice or comments to let me know your story would be so appreciated! Thank you so much🤗🤗🤗

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2019, 02:30 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Perimenopause Hell

Oh yes! I had 20 plus of the 34 listed symptoms of peri at age 50. My husband, a molecular biologist, recognized what was going on and sent me to my gyno with a list. All she did was change my BCP and in two weeks every symptom was gone. Now I'm not saying that happens to everyone but that was MY experience. I went off bcp at 57 and onto actual HRT and am still on it at 73. All is great. It can't hurt you to try a low dose bcp for 2-3 months and see if it helps. And your FSH level is the important one. Around 34 is considered menopausal by most doctors. Good luck!

Old 08-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #3
    Karmakat
    (female)

Karmakat HB User

Thank you so very very much for your response. I have never considered a bcp before. I am going to make an appointment with my doctor and see if he will give me this to try. I hope he knows something about treating symptoms for perimenopause with bcp I just donít know what else to do. Getting into see a gyno would probably be better but that takes too long. Thank you so much again.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:42 AM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear Karmakat,

I am 70 and have been on low dose compounded HRT since a hysterectomy many years ago. I think it is well worth a try. Savvy doctors knows the need for this. Many female doctors are mis- or un- informed, I find. There is a big false fear of female hormones.

Hon, don't expect a male to understand. They just don't and cannot know what it is like. Do what is needed for your self, and talk to we gals.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:23 AM   #5
    Karmakat
    (female)

Karmakat HB User

Hi yayagirl

Thank you so much for the reply. I am going to look into hormones as well, and see if I need any sort of hrt also. Itís nust so hard to find a doctor that believes in this...all they want to do is put me on antidepressants which donít even work. I find naturopaths better, but they are super expensive and so is all the testing.

Your right, women have to stick together in this...men or at least mine is not very compassionate and understanding, even though I explain this all to him.

Thanks again🤗

Reply Reply