HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Menopause (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/menopause/)
-   -   What age does menopause begin (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/menopause/1047900-what-age-does-menopause-begin.html)

Chainsoflove 10-09-2019 08:23 AM

What age does menopause begin

I know menopause will be with me in the next 10 years or so (I am 40 yrs old). I know it isn't set in stone, when a woman will stop periods for good. I am just curious of the age of onset. It is hard to believe that I could have symptoms of menopause at this age. If you would prefer to give the symptoms instead of your age, feel free to ;) Any help would be appreciated. I know it is different for every woman.

Chainsoflove 10-09-2019 10:06 AM

Re: What age does menopause begin

I would like to hear from some females who can give me some information on menopause :)

yayagirl 10-09-2019 02:38 PM

Dear Chainsoflove,

There is no exact thing as 'age of menopause onset'. The reason why is that every female has her own unique experience. Some females even have menopausal symptoms and never do fully go into menopause.

Talk to more than one doctor about female issues and you will get differing opinions on what you can try doing. Some ladies just go on birth control pills and their symptoms settle down. You and your doctors can work this out together. If you don't agree with one doctor there are lots of other opinions to try out there.

Chainsoflove 10-09-2019 03:29 PM

Hi YaYagirl,

Thank you for the information. I don't have anyone I can talk to this about, that is why I posted the question. I have no siblings and my mother passed away several years ago. I could of asked her a number of questions about menopause, but a female doctor's perspective would have the wiser answer I suppose. I will discuss this with my doctor this week. She should direct me in the right direction about the symptoms I have been having. :) Yes, I agree every woman is different and unique in their own way with the symptoms of menopause.

Titchou 10-09-2019 03:58 PM

You can search for a list of typical menopause symptoms. Most are the usual PMS symptoms that cycle differently or don't leave. Losing urine and painful sex are two also. Changing one's bcp or going on them can help. My gyno changed mine. Hope you are seeing a gyno and preferably a female one. I quit the one who wanted to put me on tranquilizers for it! Really? My hormones were out of whack and needed leveling off. I have heard that the earlier you start your periods, the older you are when you stop having them. Don't know if that's true but it was the case for me and my mother. I had my first period at 10 and last one at 57. At that point I went on HRT and am still on it at 73.

Chainsoflove 10-09-2019 05:05 PM

Hi Titchou,

Thank you for sharing your story with me. I do appreciate it :) I do have a female gyno. She is really respectful and kind to me and I just need to open up and talk to her about my symptoms :) I can't believe that you were put on tranquilizers for your symptoms. That is just not right. I probably will be taking BCP for awhile. You are very lucky to have had your mother there to support you. You have helped me greatly with this question :)