It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Closer to Menopause

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-11-2020, 01:58 PM   #1
    Mompa1
    (female)

Mompa1 HB User
    Closer to Menopause

Hello - I am 47 and have posted several times about peri issues in the past. I recently (in the past 6 mos) tried a low dose bcp for my peri symptoms and felt worse. I was very depressed and had night sweats every single night during the two months I took them. Once quitting I had a withdrawal bleed and then didnít have a period for 3 months. Then in the past month I have had two full blown periods 2 weeks apart and now 10 days later started spotting. During this time as well my digestive issues have exploded and my diet has not changed. I am already gluten, dairy and soy free. I went for endoscopy last week and all was good except for some redness and irritation. I am taking Pepcid for that at the moment. I have an appt with gyn in two days for ultrasound of my remaining ovary and uterus due to periods and pain in ovary for the past couple of months. I will have bloodwork done as well. I know my hormones have taken a serious dip recently because I can feel it. Would hrt help me? I cannot take bcp as I have tried several times over the years and they always made me feel worse. Anyone have any major digestive troubles nearing menopause?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Closer to Menopause

Well, HRT is birth control...just a different dosage.

Old 03-12-2020, 05:11 AM   #3
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

I went to my gynecologist and got a bit upset. She said I am too old for birth control pills. I smoke and plan to quit. That was the other reason for no birth control. I have never been on BC, so I don't know how my body would react. I am wondering if I can get another gyn to give me some BC. I am nearing menopause in 5 to 10 years. Mompa1, I hope you make a smooth transition to menopause.

Old 03-12-2020, 03:16 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes - smoking = no bcp nor HRT

Old 03-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #5
    Mompa1
    (female)

Mompa1 HB User

I went to GYN today for ultrasound and met with NP. Ultrasound looked good. Endometrial lining is very thin which most likely explains the breakthrough bleeding and more periods. Discussed my continuous night sweats I had every night when I took Lo Loestrin and was advised I most likely need more estrogen as that wasnít enough for me. Have appointment with my Dr on Tuesday to discuss hormone options. How do you determine if a BCP pill would be better which I know totally overrides your own hormones vs a patch or cream which would add to what your body is already making? I only have one ovary. So many people say BCPís are bad because they are synthetic. I have to do something to balance my hormones. My symptoms are getting worse. NP agrees my declining hormones are affecting my digestive issues. They have flared horribly since Iíve had almost three periods this past month.

Reply Reply