It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Is anyone else irritated by everything?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-07-2021, 11:33 PM   #1
    imforeveryoung
    (female)

imforeveryoung HB User
    Smile Is anyone else irritated by everything?

I cannot stand anyone. cannot stand hypocrisy and injustice. This is my biggest symptom-rage. Online rage. I am better when I am not online. I have no hot flashes no night sweats no joint pain. I have a bit of difficulty sleeping after my period ends and I feelk constant irritability. I can feel great in Nature but otherwise I hate people. Yeah. I am proud to say it because it is a part of my menopausal journey. I cannot stand stupidity and i hate abusive religions that try to control women. I am ultra conservative now because I woke up and for that I am grateful however i have been conservative since i was 12. But politics is making me so angry. Much angrier than it did before perimenopause. Is lse experiencing mood problems with the fluctuation in estrogen. My gynecologist said the irritability is due to the wild fluctuations in estrogen and my exquisite sensitivity to the changes in my body. I am glad I am in touch with my body but I wish I could be blissfully ignorant again. I wish I could take everything in stride and it simply is not happening now. I got my period on time on my 50th birthday so menopause is nowhere in sight. My mother "doesn't remember |" what age she stopped menstruating so that is annoying me too. Every board suggests "speaking with your loved ones about when they went through menopause." What if your loved ones are odious and oblivious? What if they are weird about sexual and biological matters? Am I the only one who did not have a cozy chat with my mother about menopause? I am sure one day I will look back at this post and laugh. I am NOT laughing now. I will not laugh at me and I will have compassion deep compassion for my suffering but i will laugh at the hilarious way I am so blunt to really stupid people or just annoying people. I feel better already.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2021, 05:00 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Is anyone else irritated by everything?

You might talk with your gyno about a lo dose BCP to help with symptoms. It works well for a lot of people.

Old 01-09-2021, 02:01 AM   #3
    imforeveryoung
    (female)

imforeveryoung HB User
    Question Re: Is anyone else irritated by everything?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    You might talk with your gyno about a lo dose BCP to help with symptoms. It works well for a lot of people.
    Hi, I was told by a gynecologist in my country that i am not eligible because I am over 45. I never heard that before but that is what he said to me. I do not smoke. I am ablut 10 lbs overweight depending on how you look at it. I have a lot of muscle still because i was a gymnast so that amount of weight is variable. I need some relief and I don't know what to do. I feel so angry about everything but it is not like a violent pulsating anger like I want to get physical; it is like a constant agitation, irritation. The only time i do not have that is when I am anxious (afraid).

Old 01-09-2021, 02:05 AM   #4
    imforeveryoung
    (female)

imforeveryoung HB User

Thank you. I went to a gynecologist in the country I am living in and he told me that becasue I was over 45 I am not a candidate for birth control pills. I do not smoke or drink I am about 10 lbs over weight but if I exercised I would be perfect weight because i have muscle and it weighs more than fat.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:34 AM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

In the US as long as you are having periods you can get bcp. I was on them till 57! Has the gyno offered you any other suggestions? Some folks do tranquilizers but I am not a fan of them. Mood levelers such as Elavil are also an option.

Old 01-12-2021, 06:15 AM   #6
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Hi, I am in the same situation as you, Imforeveryoung. My gynecologist (a female) denied me bcp because of my age. She is very old and got irritated at me for even asking about bcp. I might investigate and get another gynecologist.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:12 PM   #7
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

You should. There's no need to suffer.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
    Chainsoflove (01-14-2021)
    Reply Reply