It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Anyone else really sad?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-06-2003, 10:53 PM   #1
    Mommyof4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mommyof4 HB User
    Anyone else really sad?

Hi all... I am from the diabetes board but fit in here too. I had my total hyst in March and turned 30 in September. I already have 4 kids so the logical part of me tells me that I should be happy.

All of the rest of me is just sad. Everyone around me is still baby making age and I feel so old compared to them. My "baby" will be 17 months on Monday so I am going through getting rid of all of the tiny clothes. I have to do it a little at a time because it is just too overwhelming for me.

It is also important to point out that I am not on HRT of any kind. The Climara patches made me nauseated as did the generic brand. So I am on the road to finding out what is best on that front.

Anyone else feel this way?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2003, 12:29 PM   #2
    cloverberry

cloverberry HB User
    Re: Anyone else really sad?

I'm 51 and I didn't have a hysterectomy so I can't really realate to what you're saying. I started feeling old when I was going through menopause. Not because I couldn't have any babies anymore but I started gaining weight and I started getting gray hairs. I would suggest you get some therapy to see why you're feeling sad. It may have other things to do with you not just the fact that you can't have babies anymore.

Old 12-12-2003, 07:38 PM   #3
    robste
    Veteran

robste HB User

Are you sure that the reason you're sad is because you can't have any more children? Before you had your hysterectomy, did you want to have more children? Your sadness could be caused by something else, but you may not really know what's causing it, so that could be the easiest thing to place it on.

I'm 44 years old, and I will never give birth to a child, because I'm on medication that could be dangerous to a fetus. I'm not sure how I've accepted this, but I somehow have. I somehow look at it as if maybe I wasn't meant to have a baby. My husband and I may someday adopt a child, but right now, I'm working on trying to be happier in my own life.

Everyone's situation is different...have you talked to your gyn. dr. about how you feel?

Old 12-14-2003, 07:13 AM   #4
    sweetpoison68
    Inactive

sweetpoison68 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by robste
    Are you sure that the reason you're sad is because you can't have any more children? Before you had your hysterectomy, did you want to have more children? Your sadness could be caused by something else, but you may not really know what's causing it, so that could be the easiest thing to place it on.

I'm 44 years old, and I will never give birth to a child, because I'm on medication that could be dangerous to a fetus. I'm not sure how I've accepted this, but I somehow have. I somehow look at it as if maybe I wasn't meant to have a baby. My husband and I may someday adopt a child, but right now, I'm working on trying to be happier in my own life.

Everyone's situation is different...have you talked to your gyn. dr. about how you feel?

Mommyof4
    You really need some kind of hormones..I can say this from experience!!I had too much estrogen right sfter my hyst 3 months ago..I had major leg pain..so iwent off and strted herbal..Well long story short...I cant find the right mix to stop hot flashes depression.ETC..So i went back on and its much better...Please do asome reasearch of your own.You cant let this feeling of sadness grow..I went into a depresssion ike never before and realized from reading it was a lack of estrogen..I also had very dry skin and just couldnt sleep well at night which in turn adds to your depression..Best of luck to you..Your kids are young and they really need you to get this together..
    SP68

Old 12-15-2003, 02:33 PM   #5
    Mommyof4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mommyof4 HB User

Thank you all... A part of the decision was mine to have it as I could not go on any longer with the cysts and endo. Another part of the decision was due to pressure that I got from everyone around me. I kept hearing that I was putting my health in danger to get pregnant again since I am a type 1 diabetic. I always wanted a big family but realized that I needed to be healthy for the children I had. I guess some of the way I feel is anger that I couldnt have the family I wanted. I know... a very childish emotion but it is there none the less.

I have alot of the feelings that the PP mentioned. I would guess that I am having problems with the estrogen. I am in the process of switching primary Dr's because the one I have now doesnt really know about diabetes or menopause. I will make sure to bring up all of these emotions when I see the new Dr.

I think a major part of the way I feel is pure exhaustion. I dont sleep at night well and the sleep I do get is rough at best. Then I get up and take care of little ones all day. It is true to say that I go on borrowed will. Thanks again for all of your thoughts

Closed Thread