It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Facial Tingling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2004, 04:23 PM   #1
    PennyD

PennyD HB User
    Facial Tingling

I know I am new to the board and asking a lot of questions, but this "thing" whatever it is has really freaked me. This time the question is have any of you experienced facial tingling or a numb feeling? It has been intermintent for me for the past 4 months. I was just wondering if this was a common symptom of peri-menopause?

Penny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2004, 04:32 PM   #2
    PJG

PJG HB User
    Re: Facial Tingling

Hi Penny,
    Numbness & tingling are both very common symptoms of perimenopause. They are also very common with anxiety and panic conditions. I am in perimenopause, have generalized anxiety disorder and I have had numbness and tingling for a few years now. It still scares me even though I know it is probably from the peri or the anxiety. My face was the first place I experienced the tingling.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions. That's why this board is here.
    PJ

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PennyD
    I know I am new to the board and asking a lot of questions, but this "thing" whatever it is has really freaked me. This time the question is have any of you experienced facial tingling or a numb feeling? It has been intermintent for me for the past 4 months. I was just wondering if this was a common symptom of peri-menopause?

Penny

Old 02-09-2004, 04:39 PM   #3
    PennyD

PennyD HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PJG
    Hi Penny,
    Numbness & tingling are both very common symptoms of perimenopause. They are also very common with anxiety and panic conditions. I am in perimenopause, have generalized anxiety disorder and I have had numbness and tingling for a few years now. It still scares me even though I know it is probably from the peri or the anxiety. My face was the first place I experienced the tingling.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions. That's why this board is here.
    PJ
    Thanks PJ! I guess the facial tingling justs gets to me after a while. I had a major attack of numbness when I had one of my first anxiety attacks. The left side of my face and head went totally numb for 30 seconds or so. After that I started taking Klonopin at 1.5 ml a day. I am still on it. I have been taking it for 4 months. I did not having any of the facial tingling in January and December and then it just appears again. My feet and ankles sometimes tingle and my right arm feels very heavy and will almost feel numb. This is so strange.
    Penny

Old 02-10-2004, 09:58 AM   #4
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
    Thanks PJ! I guess the facial tingling justs gets to me after a while. I had a major attack of numbness when I had one of my first anxiety attacks. The left side of my face and head went totally numb for 30 seconds or so. After that I started taking Klonopin at 1.5 ml a day. I am still on it. I have been taking it for 4 months. I did not having any of the facial tingling in January and December and then it just appears again. My feet and ankles sometimes tingle and my right arm feels very heavy and will almost feel numb. This is so strange.
    Penny
    Hi Penny,
    I haven't experienced tingling or numbness on my face, but my arms and feet have felt like they were burning. The arms would feel heavy like - actually maybe like intense soreness or numbness. My left foot would feel tingling or like ants are crawling. My feet feel this way every morning. I notice it subsides when I work out. I think some of these "less common" symptoms all the ladies on this board are experiencing are all very similar or the same, we probably just have a different way of describing them.

Take care,
    Molly

Old 02-10-2004, 10:30 AM   #5
    PennyD

PennyD HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by molly123
    Hi Penny,
    I haven't experienced tingling or numbness on my face, but my arms and feet have felt like they were burning. The arms would feel heavy like - actually maybe like intense soreness or numbness. My left foot would feel tingling or like ants are crawling. My feet feel this way every morning. I notice it subsides when I work out. I think some of these "less common" symptoms all the ladies on this board are experiencing are all very similar or the same, we probably just have a different way of describing them.

Take care,
    Molly
    Molly,
    My right arm feels so heavy from the elbow down. If I hold it at the elbow the feeling leaves. My symptoms started "out of the blue" with a strange tingling and hot/cold feeling around my left ankle about midway up to my knee. Then the right leg started to do the same thing. I had this really odd feeling all over. That is what sent to the dr. in the first place. It just seems a hormone imbalance like my endo says I have could not possibly cause such an aray of symptoms. So until about 3 weeks ago I was convienced there was something really bad wrong with me like a diease or something. I know menopause and homone imbalances are not a diease and I am dealing much better now. Reading on this board helps so much. Just to know there are women that have the same symptom or a variation of it really calms me!
    Blessings,
    Penny

Old 02-10-2004, 10:58 AM   #6
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
    Molly,
    My right arm feels so heavy from the elbow down. If I hold it at the elbow the feeling leaves. My symptoms started "out of the blue" with a strange tingling and hot/cold feeling around my left ankle about midway up to my knee. Then the right leg started to do the same thing. I had this really odd feeling all over. That is what sent to the dr. in the first place. It just seems a hormone imbalance like my endo says I have could not possibly cause such an aray of symptoms. So until about 3 weeks ago I was convienced there was something really bad wrong with me like a diease or something. I know menopause and homone imbalances are not a diease and I am dealing much better now. Reading on this board helps so much. Just to know there are women that have the same symptom or a variation of it really calms me!
    Blessings,
    Penny
    Hi Penny,
    I know what you mean by symptoms started "out of the blue". I am already warning my younger friends! I totally couldn't understand what was going on with me too. I started self-diagnosing myself and thinking I had every disease too which caused me to get more anxiety and felt sicker. When I first started feeling bad, I can say that I literally felt off balance. No dr. formally diagnosed me with peri-meno. They all say the symptoms are "possible" because I'm at that age. Be reassured that you might experience a certain symptom one month and then another might pop up and then it goes away and this can go on for years!!!....this is what I've told by women who have gone through this. Isn't this great?

There were times when my arms would feel so sore it was hurting unbearably, which gave it kind of a heavy feeling. Arms/feet also get hot and then cold. I would much rather deal with this than feeling the extreme fatigue, weakness in the legs, headaches and dizziness! Who convinced you that you didn't have any disease?

Molly

Old 02-10-2004, 01:12 PM   #7
    PennyD

PennyD HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by molly123
    Hi Penny,
    I know what you mean by symptoms started "out of the blue". I am already warning my younger friends! I totally couldn't understand what was going on with me too. I started self-diagnosing myself and thinking I had every disease too which caused me to get more anxiety and felt sicker. When I first started feeling bad, I can say that I literally felt off balance. No dr. formally diagnosed me with peri-meno. They all say the symptoms are "possible" because I'm at that age. Be reassured that you might experience a certain symptom one month and then another might pop up and then it goes away and this can go on for years!!!....this is what I've told by women who have gone through this. Isn't this great?

There were times when my arms would feel so sore it was hurting unbearably, which gave it kind of a heavy feeling. Arms/feet also get hot and then cold. I would much rather deal with this than feeling the extreme fatigue, weakness in the legs, headaches and dizziness! Who convinced you that you didn't have any disease?

Molly
    I have had blood work done, I had a CT Scan of the brain because of that epidsode of numbness in my head and had my thyroid checked twice. My new doc the endo said there was nothing medically wrong just physiological. She diagnoised me as having a hormone imbalance.
    Penny

Closed Thread