It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Any 40 year olds been through Perimenopause?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2004, 10:42 PM   #16
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User
    Re: Any 40 year olds been through Perimenopause?

I think that most doctors, dont want to know, it would be a diffrent thing, if it was them.
    You know how men are when they are sick.
    I have been feeling very sick, this last week or so, dont know if it is the thryoid playing up again, or the oscolerioues in my ear, excuse the spelling, but I ache all over, like I have been in a marthon, my eyes ar efunny, and this bad *****ness in my head, and I feel a bit sick, and lower pains in the abdomoin.
    It makes you wonder, when it will all end.
    When I get up in the morning, I feel as if I have not been to sleep, and every thing aches, hate feeling like this,my poor hubby, he will be thinking I am a basket case.
    Do you get the ***** head, and forget things, I thought a few year sago, I was dying, but just lately, I neve rfeel well, I look well, so people say, plus I have lost a bit of weight over the last 3 months, I am 5ft 6 and I used to weigh 60 kg, now I have gone down to 56 kg, I thought that it was because we had avery hot summer, and I did not feel like eating, I eat all day, and can never put on a pound, must be my make up I suppose.
    I have had a lot of heart burn as well, and a lot of back pain, feel like a broken down horse, I was always very fit, and had endless energy, but just lately, I feel so tired.
    must be a sign of old age lol.
    I suppose we have to carry on.
    boomerue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 07:16 AM   #17
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User

Gees....,menopause stinks!!!!

Old 04-28-2004, 10:25 AM   #18
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boomerue
    I dont think that it will matter much, good luck with the tests.
    I know that when I went for my thyroid tests, the doc said that it was normal, untill I passed out at the hairdresers

Boomeru,

So you wound up having a thyroid problem? My thyroid tests were normal although I would call them on the low normal side. Hmmm! We can go on and on about this, can't we?

Old 04-28-2004, 10:30 AM   #19
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Boomeru, remember meno plays on the thyroid. Even if you don't have a thyroid problem it will still pull on it giving you symptoms of hell either too fast or too slow. I'm feeling like you and I'm only 45. But you can tell it's hormonal, you just can tell and it's happening in you and everyone else thinks your fine except the ones you are close to and they think you're a big B or going nuts, even though you're not. Yes, I get the ***** brain, the forgetfullness, the muscle weakness, the tremors in my hands, the anxiety, the muscle cramps and you name it, I have it.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:29 PM   #20
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User

lol We all sound like we are one foot in the grave, I had to go back to work today, and my head, thought that I would have to go home, and then just before I went home at 2 00 this afternoon, I got the bigest headache, I seem to be having a lo tof those just lately.
    The last few nights, when I have gone to bed, and rolled over from my right side to my left, I get the most worse kind of vertigo, and have to hang on to the side of the bed, make s you feel very sick.
    I seem to have slowed down as well, must be the ears telling the brian something, I know that I feel so yuk, wish that we could be like other people, and be normal, with out the funny ears, the clogged head, and noises in the ears.
    boomerue

Old 04-29-2004, 05:48 AM   #21
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User

then we would be men!

Old 04-29-2004, 07:22 AM   #22
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Boomerue, LOL I began to get the headaches after the period. It' s just a never ending war, hormone against hormone, LOL And the mind is the audience! I found out by going to the anxiety board here is helping me too. You know to have anxiety with hormonal changes is so completely normal and here we are thinking we are so not-completely normal. I know anxiety can be a whole seperate thing, but look how many people have it? So we learn from the ones dealing with anxiety and we learn from the ones dealing with meno and we put them all together and HEAL!

Old 04-29-2004, 07:36 PM   #23
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User

today is my 8 day from the dizzes, and feeling worse each day,is there any more out there with the osclolarouies in the ears, and thinning of the ear drums.
    I have heard of people having opps on the ears, but dont think there is much of a suscess rate.
    it is a very hard thing to live with, and a lot of people dont understand when you ger moody, and cranky,you wake up every morning with neck aches, back ache, and my legs ache as if I have been in a race, when you feel a bit better, you think thank goodness for that, untill it comes around again, and then you feel as if you cant put up with it any more.
    boomerue

Old 04-29-2004, 07:42 PM   #24
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User

I forgot to ask, do you get a racing feeling in your heart, and your tummy feels like it is full of butter flies, your legs are weak, and you feel like you cant stand up.
    I find I am forgetting things, and I have never done that before, I feel so tired in the mornings when I get up, i tis like you have not been to sleep.I often wonder, if doctors, and specilists had what some of us have got, how would they put up with it, mor eso if they ar e men.
    boomerue

Old 04-30-2004, 04:14 AM   #25
    Moxie75
    Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

Boomerue,

take magnesium for those feelings in your stomach and the palps in your throat..it stopped mine completely...Lisa

Old 04-30-2004, 09:34 AM   #26
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    I forgot to ask, do you get a racing feeling in your heart, and your tummy feels like it is full of butter flies, your legs are weak, and you feel like you cant stand up.
    I find I am forgetting things, and I have never done that before, I feel so tired in the mornings when I get up, i tis like you have not been to sleep.I often wonder, if doctors, and specilists had what some of us have got, how would they put up with it, mor eso if they ar e men.
    boomerue

Hi Valerie! Oh I sure do get the racing in the heart and the palpitatons. Although my palpitations are a bit better now due to having my period 6 days ago, and the progesterone creme did help alot, I'm on day 6 after my period and I'm bouncing around again. I forget things, can't remember where I put something, can't remember names, etc. like Alzheimers's LOL, and this morning I woke up at 5Am with racing heart and sweating, thought I was going to get my period, AGAIN! I"m always shakey, weak arms, exhausted by later, still could sleep better and I think that's going to hit me again where I keep waking up cause it's already begun. Use to have two good weeks out of the month, now it's 3-3 1/2 weeks of HELL! When I wake up in the morning, my hormones are raging and I have to get up. I feel like my adrenalin (butterflies) are soaring! What you are feeling is anxiety. It is a real good symptom of perimenopause, trust me! It is during PMS too! My hands tremble all the time and my thyroid is normal. Gyne said it was estrogen, needed more estrogen but have to take another mammogram due to some findings before she can give me anything. She took a biopsy too for uterine cancer, just in case cause of the frequent bleeding and spotting. Was so nice of her to prepare me this, I would have brought a pad and some tylenol, but I'm okay now. She said the trembling and shakey feeling is the estrogen beginning to decline. She ran tests today, UA, estradiol, progesterone, testerone and dheas. We will see, but she said I was very perimopausal. She's a gyne/endocrinoligist, specializes in infertility and low thyroid. She's good, I'm glad I have her again cause she jumped in my insurance companies network. I'll tell you, it's hell this anxiety! Hope you feel better, vent anytime to me. And trust me, I know about the man thing with them just pushing our hormonal limits!

Old 04-30-2004, 09:35 AM   #27
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moxie75
    Boomerue,

take magnesium for those feelings in your stomach and the palps in your throat..it stopped mine completely...Lisa

Hi Lisa. The magnesium does work. I think I need to take more, taking 250mg a day, split between morning and evening. If I take more, I get diarrhea pretty good. But I'm still feeling like I'm with anxiety and maybe another period on it's way.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:02 PM   #28
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User

Thanks for that, will try that , and see if it makes any diffrence.
    It is such a nasty feeling, and sometimes I feel as if my brain is racing, like when you go to read a book, it feels like my eyes are scanning the pages to quick.
    boomerue

Old 05-01-2004, 03:49 AM   #29
    Moxie75
    Inactive

Moxie75 HB User
    Cool Re: Any 40 year olds been through Perimenopause?

Ainfante,

I know what u mean about the bathroom situation. I take a heaping tablespoon of Natural Calm Magnesium before bedtime. It puts me to sleep and in the morning I'm regular..I can't beat that..Teehee..have a good one girls, Lisa

Old 05-01-2004, 09:37 AM   #30
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Thanks for that, will try that , and see if it makes any diffrence.
    It is such a nasty feeling, and sometimes I feel as if my brain is racing, like when you go to read a book, it feels like my eyes are scanning the pages to quick.
    boomerue
    That's anxiety. Been there. You can do some meditation for that and tell yourself to slow down. If you happen to have a panic attack, you will survive it, and tell yourself that.

Closed Thread