It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Any 40 year olds been through Perimenopause?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-01-2004, 09:38 AM   #31
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
    Re: Any 40 year olds been through Perimenopause?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moxie75
    Ainfante,

I know what u mean about the bathroom situation. I take a heaping tablespoon of Natural Calm Magnesium before bedtime. It puts me to sleep and in the morning I'm regular..I can't beat that..Teehee..have a good one girls, Lisa

The magnesium does work at night, doesn't it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2004, 02:10 AM   #32
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User

Thanks for that, I am not so well today, the brian all *****, and pains in the tummy, and accross the chest, makes you feel like you are going crazy.
    I have been through the menapause bit, but since I have been having the trouble with my ears, I have not had many good days, you just feel like you ar emoaning all the time, I will make an apointment with my doctor, and see if my thyroid is ok, I have not been to him for about 6 months, I was getting the blood test every 6 weeks, and he said that it was ok, and to go every 12 months.
    My eyes are also funny, I wear glasses, and my eyes feel gritty, and dry, like my glasses are fogged up, and I keep wipine them, I had a eye test in november, and he said that my eyes ha d not changed.
    They feel very sore, and a pain behind the right one, wonder what that could be, any ideas.
    We are a funny lot us women, my hubby said that he is glad that he is a man, wish I was some times
    boomerue

Old 05-02-2004, 07:40 AM   #33
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boomerue
    Thanks for that, I am not so well today, the brian all *****, and pains in the tummy, and accross the chest, makes you feel like you are going crazy.
    I have been through the menapause bit, but since I have been having the trouble with my ears, I have not had many good days, you just feel like you ar emoaning all the time, I will make an apointment with my doctor, and see if my thyroid is ok, I have not been to him for about 6 months, I was getting the blood test every 6 weeks, and he said that it was ok, and to go every 12 months.
    My eyes are also funny, I wear glasses, and my eyes feel gritty, and dry, like my glasses are fogged up, and I keep wipine them, I had a eye test in november, and he said that my eyes ha d not changed.
    They feel very sore, and a pain behind the right one, wonder what that could be, any ideas.
    We are a funny lot us women, my hubby said that he is glad that he is a man, wish I was some times
    boomerue
    Yeah, said I wanted to come back as a man or a dog next life. You have all the symptoms of perimenopause with some anxiety. I'm not diagnosing you, but you do sound alot like me and others on the board. I know about the eyes, I wear contact lenses and my eyes just don't want to accept them, been happening for awhile now. I just keep wearing them. I started my progesterone creme, day 8 of my cycle, I can begin to feel the hormones jumping around, LOL Actually, my temp has risen, so must be on my way to ovulating, maybe not, haven't done that in awhile or who knows, but began the creme today.

Old 05-02-2004, 05:37 PM   #34
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User

Hi Again, Feeling a bit better today, but the eyes are still funny, think it could be coming from the ears, because of the oscol, in my ears.
    I went through the menapause, when I was 41, but my peiords did not stop, untill I was 45, and then went 2 years with out them, and then they came back for a day, and have not seen them since, thank goodness horrible things.
    I still seem to get hot at times for no reason, and I seem to feel the cold more, always cold in the winter.
    I dont know if you know, but I am from Australia. I gather that you live in the USA some where.
    It is so nice to talk to you, how old are you, have you got children, I have got 3, and 5 Grandaughters, my oldest girl is 35, and my son is 32 and my baby is 24, a bit of a gap there.
    I have been married since I was 19, to Will my hubby and he was 21, we have been together rather a long time. lol.
    look forward to hearing from you.
    Valerie

Old 05-02-2004, 06:22 PM   #35
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:

Hi Again, Feeling a bit better today, but the eyes are still funny, think it could be coming from the ears, because of the oscol, in my ears.
    I went through the menapause, when I was 41, but my peiords did not stop, untill I was 45, and then went 2 years with out them, and then they came back for a day, and have not seen them since, thank goodness horrible things.
    I still seem to get hot at times for no reason, and I seem to feel the cold more, always cold in the winter.
    I dont know if you know, but I am from Australia. I gather that you live in the USA some where.
    It is so nice to talk to you, how old are you, have you got children, I have got 3, and 5 Grandaughters, my oldest girl is 35, and my son is 32 and my baby is 24, a bit of a gap there.
    I have been married since I was 19, to Will my hubby and he was 21, we have been together rather a long time. lol.
    look forward to hearing from you.
    Valerie

Hi Valerie. I'm glad I have a friend in Australia. I'm planning to make a trip there someday, so hopefully we stay in touch, sure would like to meet you. I'm doing better, but still not my total self. I'm in the U.S.--Chicago, Illinois. I am 45, going on 46 and I have a daughter who is 8. She's my only one. I love her so very much and she's great with all of this. I try not to show too much, but I'm an open person. What we know these days our parents didn't know and when she grows up, they will know more and probably deal with it on entirely different level. I also have two dogs, minature pinschers and they're good dogs. One is almost 3 years and the other one will turn 1 year this week. I'm divorced now, for a long time. I have a man but he is much too controlling and aggressive, so with this perimenopause turn in my life, I think it might be the time to say farewell. In the meantime, it is always good to hear from you. The road of anxiety/peri/menopause is a rough road, but we will survive it. I get emails from a website from Australia on the progesterone creme. I love it, and there is always good answers there.

Take care and hope to hear from you again.

Your friend,
    Andrea

Old 05-02-2004, 06:38 PM   #36
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User

Thanks for your reply, nice to hear from you again.I have been rathe rbusy this morning, I have cleane dthe house, and done the washing, and now I am getting ready to go to work.
    I think that men can be rat bags, when it come sto changes in a womans body, and they dont understand do they. I work part time perment, in a privite hospital, in the catring, do you work.
    My youngest girl has not got any children yet, said that she does not want any I say to her, you dont know what you are missing.
    I live in Toowoomba, which is in Queensland, very very hot here in the summer tome, but now we are in our auturm, so it is getting cooler.
    I wa sborn in the uk, and I have lived here, since I was 24, came out with my hubby, and my 2 young children, Dawn was 4, and Tony was 2, and Donna the baby was born here.
    My grandaughters, Kady, she was 9 last week and leah, they live in melbourne, and Hailey is 8, and Courtny is 7, and my step grandaughter is 15, her name is Emily, they have just bought a lavender farm, about 1 hour away from me.
    Valerie

Old 05-02-2004, 08:14 PM   #37
    kay77449

kay77449 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by singer1
    I see the average age is mid to late 40's and wanted to know if someone in their early 40's have experienced any menopause yet.

Thanks ladies!
    Hi I know just what you are going thru I am in my Mid 40 and had a hyst about five years ago
    my moods are up and down like a roller coaster night sweats hot flashes and all of the other things that we go thru crying depression not a good person to be with when going thru this.

Old 05-03-2004, 07:24 AM   #38
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:

Thanks for your reply, nice to hear from you again.I have been rathe rbusy this morning, I have cleane dthe house, and done the washing, and now I am getting ready to go to work.
    I think that men can be rat bags, when it come sto changes in a womans body, and they dont understand do they. I work part time perment, in a privite hospital, in the catring, do you work.
    My youngest girl has not got any children yet, said that she does not want any I say to her, you dont know what you are missing.
    I live in Toowoomba, which is in Queensland, very very hot here in the summer tome, but now we are in our auturm, so it is getting cooler.
    I wa sborn in the uk, and I have lived here, since I was 24, came out with my hubby, and my 2 young children, Dawn was 4, and Tony was 2, and Donna the baby was born here.
    My grandaughters, Kady, she was 9 last week and leah, they live in melbourne, and Hailey is 8, and Courtny is 7, and my step grandaughter is 15, her name is Emily, they have just bought a lavender farm, about 1 hour away from me.
    Valerie
    I'm in the insurance business and would like to leave it! LOL It's sounds great where you're at. I use to not want children when I was younger. I just thought about what I was going to do in life. When I had my daughter, I was 36, almost 37 and she's one of the best things that ever happened to me. I love the names of your children. Yes, heard of Queensland. I've seen many pictures of it. Pretty popular city as we know it here in the States. Hope you have a grand day. I take each day as it comes.
    Andrea

Old 05-03-2004, 07:27 AM   #39
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kay77449
    Hi I know just what you are going thru I am in my Mid 40 and had a hyst about five years ago
    my moods are up and down like a roller coaster night sweats hot flashes and all of the other things that we go thru crying depression not a good person to be with when going thru this.
    Hi Kay. You're speaking the truth. I haven't had a hyst but sure feels like one. Today is another day and woke up feeling like clenching my teeth and then I was okay and now I'm shakey and crampy and .....
    do I need to go on?

Old 05-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #40
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User

Hi all, had to go and get my eyes checked today, I had them done in august, and he said that they were fine.
    Any way got them checked, and I have to have new glasses, my eyes have been funny for 4 weeks now.
    I wonder if your eyes are f unny, and you get the pressure in your head, and the dizzys, would having new glasses make a diference.
    I hate this weird feeling that you get, in your head, in the tummy.
    It could be the oscol in my ears.
    When I had the tests done last year, he did not say what should be done, or any thing, he just said look it up on the net, it is supposed to be heriderty, and it is caused from lack of fluride in the water, have never heard of that.
    I see that some of you have been on fluride tablets, do they work.
    I have been like this for 9 months now, it is getting to me.
    My left ear now is doing the same thing, as well as the right one.
    boomerue

Old 05-05-2004, 04:22 PM   #41
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Hi all, had to go and get my eyes checked today, I had them done in august, and he said that they were fine.
    Any way got them checked, and I have to have new glasses, my eyes have been funny for 4 weeks now.
    I wonder if your eyes are f unny, and you get the pressure in your head, and the dizzys, would having new glasses make a diference.
    I hate this weird feeling that you get, in your head, in the tummy.
    It could be the oscol in my ears.
    When I had the tests done last year, he did not say what should be done, or any thing, he just said look it up on the net, it is supposed to be heriderty, and it is caused from lack of fluride in the water, have never heard of that.
    I see that some of you have been on fluride tablets, do they work.
    I have been like this for 9 months now, it is getting to me.
    My left ear now is doing the same thing, as well as the right one.
    boomerue
    Hi Valerie. Try not to give it attention. I feel for you! If you give it too much attention it may make you anxious and then you'll be like me or are like me, LOL. I never heard of the floride thing but maybe. Hope you feel better soon. I'm back at the usual anxiety/hormone climb.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:43 PM   #42
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User

Hi , just been shopping, and could ot get home quick enough, I felt like I was walking all over the place, and it wa slike I was a bit drunk.
    Lol people in the shopping centre must have thought I was a bit tiddly.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:54 PM   #43
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Hi , just been shopping, and could ot get home quick enough, I felt like I was walking all over the place, and it wa slike I was a bit drunk.
    Lol people in the shopping centre must have thought I was a bit tiddly.

LOL I know it's not funny. You are with the ears and the off balance and I'm with the trembling, LOL What a team we'd make, ehh?

Old 05-05-2004, 06:15 PM   #44
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User

so you have not got any trouble with your ears, or being off balance then.
    Is yours just the menapause, with the mood swings, and the do you get the ***** head

Old 05-05-2004, 07:01 PM   #45
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User

WOW! Is what I'm reading all due to Perimenopause? YIKES!!!!!

Closed Thread