It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Anyone on this board taking Fluoxetine (Generic for Prozac and Serotin)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
    Anyone on this board taking Fluoxetine (Generic for Prozac and Serotin)

Would like to know if anyone on this board is taking Fluoxetne, a generic for Prozac and Serotin anti-depressant. My gyne has written me a R/X for it, 10 mg. She wants me to take it for my hormonal problem. She says people take it for IBS, stop smoking, depression, anxiety and PMS. She said if this didn't work, she would give me Zoloff. I haven't taken it yet, reluctant to do it. But if I need it, maybe I should. Just want to hear others who've been on it what the experience has been. She's hoping it will take care of my jitters, the jitters are from my hormones going off balance and declining. I don't want it to give me insomnia or more nervousness. LOL Any input would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2004, 09:46 AM   #2
    Elyssa

Elyssa HB User
    Re: Anyone on this board taking Fluoxetine (Generic for Prozac and Serotin)

I am taking fluoxitine for five years. Like you I was reluctant to try it, and I though of it as an anti-depressant, and said, "Hey, I am not depressed, why do I need it". Finally started taking it, and it works! As I get older my dosage has increased to 40 mg. due to increased symptoms. Highly recommend it.......plus 10 mg is a good dose to start, and it will take 4-6 weeks until you see changes, if not, then I would suggest trying 20 mg.

Old 05-13-2004, 10:05 AM   #3
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
    Re: Anyone on this board taking Fluoxetine (Generic for Prozac and Serotin)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elyssa
    I am taking fluoxitine for five years. Like you I was reluctant to try it, and I though of it as an anti-depressant, and said, "Hey, I am not depressed, why do I need it". Finally started taking it, and it works! As I get older my dosage has increased to 40 mg. due to increased symptoms. Highly recommend it.......plus 10 mg is a good dose to start, and it will take 4-6 weeks until you see changes, if not, then I would suggest trying 20 mg.
    Hi Elyssa. I posted on your menopause subject. I've been taking it since Monday. Actually, she gave me 10 mg (my gyne) but I split it and take 5mg. LOL It seems to be working although hasn't gotten rid of my muscle tremors in my hands yet. She's hoping it will. She says it's totally hormonal but I feel like I have MS or something. I'm just in another phase. Increasing the mg. was my concern. I was hoping in the long run that wouldn't happen. I'm not depressed persuay crying, I'm just body depressed, LOL

Closed Thread