It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Increased Aches and Pains Anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2004, 07:28 AM   #1
    twanger
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twanger HB User
    Increased Aches and Pains Anyone?

Has anyone noticed an increase in their aches and pains since starting peri? This morning I woke up feeling like there wasn't a place on my body that didn't have a muscle that wasn't aching. I don't feel like I have a virus. It just seems that lately, whenever I lift or exercise differently( cut grass) within 12 hours I feel like I'm 80 years old. Kind of depressing. Never know what ache will be there in the morning. Sometimes my hip hurts, sometimes my knee, wrist, leg, shoulder, neck. I'm on the verge of considering arthritis, fibro, etc. What are your aches? Need some reassurance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2004, 08:35 AM   #2
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
    Re: Increased Aches and Pains Anyone?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twanger
    Has anyone noticed an increase in their aches and pains since starting peri? This morning I woke up feeling like there wasn't a place on my body that didn't have a muscle that wasn't aching. I don't feel like I have a virus. It just seems that lately, whenever I lift or exercise differently( cut grass) within 12 hours I feel like I'm 80 years old. Kind of depressing. Never know what ache will be there in the morning. Sometimes my hip hurts, sometimes my knee, wrist, leg, shoulder, neck. I'm on the verge of considering arthritis, fibro, etc. What are your aches? Need some reassurance.

I don't know where to begin. Had that all last year, everything hurt, woke up with neck pain, back pain, then it was my legs, etc. I got past that point now I'm on to something different, but still get the neck pain and today it feels like someone kicked me in the lower back and legs. It's kind of like Fibromalygia. Now don't go and think you have that, just telling you that our hormones make our body go mad!

Old 05-18-2004, 05:03 PM   #3
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User

Even though I feel generally pretty good, I do have aches and pain - more on my right side. Sometimes it is the sciatic area (butt muscle), but doesn't affect my leg, then sometimes it my whole lower back area, sometimes it's the waist area, the hips. Seems to move around. More of a stiffness than a muscle soreness. My neck and shoulders hurts too. Sometimes I think it is the way I am sleeping, but I have a new firm mattress. I feel achy in the mornings and sometimes I can't sleep b/c I'm achy (Tylendol PM helps alot!). It gets better (less achy) during the day. Then once in a blue moon I will feel fine but it would be just for few hours in the day.

I feel like an old lady too, especially when I have to bend down to pick up something sometimes. I've used Ben Gay, Tiger Balm, this Chinese rubbing alcohol, taken Tylendol, Advil, Tylendol for arthritis, do stretches, yoga, heating pads, hot baths - all seem to help a bit - but still feel achy/stiff. I used to also think I had Fibromalygia but then I had to stop thinking that way otherwise I end up freaking myself out, and like Andrea said, it is just our hormones ! We're just the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz! Pass the oil can!

Old and creakin' along....

Molly

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by twanger

Old 10-20-2004, 04:21 PM   #4
    busymommy
    Inactive
    (female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User

Yup, the old aches and pains. Today it's my hip (new one for me). Lately, it's been the lower back. Pains in the ovaries, too. Butt aches. Really, there isn't a day that goes by anymore with me feeling "great." I used to feel great...namely I couldn't identify anything specific in the "Aches and Pains Department." Now, it's always something...

"Perimommy"

Old 10-21-2004, 06:22 AM   #5
    1awesomegranny
    (female)

1awesomegranny HB User

I feel exactly as you do Twanger!!! There isn't a day that goes by that something doesn't ache or hurt. And gawd forbid I do something physical...then its a week or more of pain. I put up a new porch light two weeks ago and all that encompassed was getting up and down the ladder a few times and my right knee/calf/shin has been sore and burning like fire since, just now calming down. I just got a new driveway and have to get out in the yard and replace some flowerbed stones and do some minor landscaping/mowing/cleanup and I am dreading it because I know pain is gonna follow. I love gardening and walking and being semi physical but I hate the aftereffects. I also have trouble with two discs in by neck/back and they flare up randomly, oh joy. A couple of days ago my left hip hurt like someone had punched me, can't remember what I did to cause that. Sometimes otc pain medication helps, other times it upsets my stomach so bad its like a no win situation, be miserable with the pains or have reflux and tummy trouble. A new pain lately has been hurting hands and wrists, almost like arthritis. It gets depressing when your body puts limits on what you can do, and its mentally wearing when EVERY day something else is hurting...I just hate this. Makes me want to just lie on the floor and throw a tantrum like a three year old, kicking and screaming and saying "it's not fair!"....oh hell, that would just cause more pain. ppffftttt!!!
    I hope your day is less achy
    Conni

Old 10-27-2004, 09:29 AM   #6
    joyka
    (female)

joyka HB User

Yes! Six months into menopause and everything starting hurting. I cycle thousands of miles a year and this year, I had to have 6 weeks of therapy for a knee problem, then I had a calf muscle that was pulled, arthritis in my toes, etc, etc. That's why I started taking hormones. I didn't care about hot flashes, weird dreams, and all that. I want to keep working out and cycling as long as possible.!!!

Old 10-27-2004, 10:41 AM   #7
    dust
    (female)

dust HB User

YES!! YES!!!! YES!!!!!
    And I also have cervical probs- neede fusion- and L5S1 sciatica and other lumbar probs need fusion also or artificial disk if its ever safe and approved,,
    So I ache all over,,my hands hurt, my neck hurts, my tummy hurts, lower back is yuck!, feet hurt-just has an operationon that,, ,, but I can walk unassisted, and I breathe on my own,, God has BLessed me!!
    I know I complain alot nowdays, but God has blessed me ,,
    really have to step back,, as I complain about my bleeding,,
    dusty

Old 10-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #8
    captain14
    (female)

captain14 HB User

The aches and pains are what is bothering me the most now. My left arm, upper back and chest ache everyday. I keep telling myself it is not a heart attack but the anxiety comes and it is hard to think it is just perimenopause. I take otc pain relief and that seems to help. At least it helps me sleep a little better. But boy does it hurt. Thanks for letting us know that many of us feel the same way.

Old 10-27-2004, 03:42 PM   #9
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User

For about a year, I have been having aches and pain. It's either the neck, shoulder, lower back, hip, sciatica....all varies. Some weeks, I feel I am taking OTC pain relievers several times a day everyday. I also feel that there isn't a day when I'm not in some kind of pain.

A week ago, I did a full body stretch while laying on my side while in bed b/c I felt achy. My right side near the waist area and right butt cheek have been achy for couple of months - more like a joint pain, not muscle pain. Anyway, I heard something crack and immediately that pain I have been experiencing for months was gone. I think something was out of joint or something. I am feeling better but, whenever I bend forward or do squats, I still feel this click and clak. Does anyone feel/hear their bones making noises?

molly

Old 10-27-2004, 03:55 PM   #10
    susan62

susan62 HB User

Oh yes every bone in my old(42)body aches and yes they make all kinds of noise even sometimes hear a cracking sound in my chest. Very bizzare I am ready for this to be OVERWITH. Even people in another room can hear them clicking and clacking is this a sign of osteoporosis?

Old 10-27-2004, 04:21 PM   #11
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User

I don't think it's a sign of osteoporosis but maybe osteoarthritis, which is fairly common in women over age 45. I been thinking that it's more osteoarthritis b/c of the achiness and stiffness. It's unbelievable what us women go thru!

Old 11-01-2004, 05:57 AM   #12
    Daethian

Daethian HB User

I'm on my fourth Lupron injection and I feel terrible this weekend... didn't think it was menopause related. Does anyone have suggestions for alleviating it? I only have two more injections so I'm hoping it will get better when I come off the injections.

Old 12-29-2004, 01:16 PM   #13
    prendi
    (female)

prendi HB User
    Unhappy Re: Increased Aches and Pains Anyone?

HI I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO LOOK ON THIS SITE AS I HAVE BEEN HAVING ACHES AND PAINS IN MY LEFT SHOULDER,CHEST,ARM,AND WRIST.IS IT THE HORMONES?I AM 50 YEARS OLD AND GOING THRU THE MENO ALTHOUGH MY PERIODS ARE STILL REGULAR.I ACHE IF I DO THE SLIGHTEST JOB LIKE PAINTING OR VAC****** THE CARPETS.THE SHOULDER PAIN HAS BEEN THERE FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS NOW AND I WAS GETTING WORRIED THAT IT WAS MY HEART OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.MY DOC SAID IT WAS PERHAPS A PULLED MUSCLE AND GAVE ME IBUPROFEN GEL TO RUB ON IT ,BUT THAT DID NOT WORK.I AM GLAD THAT I LOOKED ON THIS SITE,AS IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER IF YOU KNOW THAT OTHERS PEOPLE ARE HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS YOU ARE,WHAT IS EVERYONE TAKING TO EASE THE ACHES???

Old 12-29-2004, 01:42 PM   #14
    Hopefully
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hopefully HB User

Prendi, aches and pains were one of my first perimenopause symptoms. My legs would ache and I'd experience occasional pain in my right hip. I also had swollen ankles during this time. All of this started when I was about 38, I'm now 44. Of course I did not relate these symptoms to hormones.

Since I've started taking a low dose bcp I don't have these aches and pains anymore. I'm not pushing bcp because one thing that I've learned during this time in my life is that there's no one pill fit all cure for all our hormonal symptoms. It's a matter of trial and error and we are all so unique.

Last edited by Hopefully; 12-29-2004 at 01:44 PM.

Closed Thread