It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Is this perimenpause?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2004, 08:46 AM   #1
    Lynnmarie18
    (female)

Lynnmarie18 HB User
    Is this perimenopause?

My last 2 periods were 2 weeks late.After my last period I started spotting.its been a week now of spotting and I see no end in site.I am 45 years old and also feel like I am having terrible PMS all the time and the sore breasts.Anyone else out there have this? Can this be perimenopause?

Last edited by Lynnmarie18; 11-05-2004 at 10:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2004, 08:54 AM   #2
    nornie
    Veteran
    (female)

nornie HB User
    Re: Is this perimenpause?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lynnmarie18
    My last 2 periods were 2 weeks late.After my last period I started spotting.its been a week now of spotting and I see no end in site.I am 45 years old and also feel like I am having terrible PMS all the time and the sore breasts.Anyone else out there have this? Can this be perimenopause?

Your symptoms certainly sound like mine did during peri. I had short periods, long periods, early periods, late periods, and constant PMS with sore breasts which didn't go away even after I got my period! Everything was just whacky. So that's sure what it sounds like. But if it would ease your mind to have yourself checked out by the doc, it's probably best to do that.

Nornie

Old 11-05-2004, 10:12 AM   #3
    Lynnmarie18
    (female)

Lynnmarie18 HB User

Nomie, did you have the bleeding in between going on?Thats really my main concern right now?

Old 11-05-2004, 12:34 PM   #4
    Nance77
    (female)

Nance77 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Is this perimenopause?

Quote:
    I am 46 and my periods have become messed up right now..They became early or late (17 to 35 days) and light and short...Now this month I started spotting around Day 21 (figured that was my period) and it has gone from spotting to a light bleeding, then spotting again, then back to light bleeding, but it has been going on for 2 weeks now and I feel as if it will never end...I am also concerned and not sure what I need to do next...I just wish the spotting/bleeding would stop...If I knew it wasnt something terrible, i wouldnt be that concerned, but not sure if its peri or not...I never had this happen before either...Keep posting as to how u are and what you found out..Thanks!

Old 11-05-2004, 03:11 PM   #5
    nornie
    Veteran
    (female)

nornie HB User

Quote:
    Nomie, did you have the bleeding in between going on?Thats really my main concern right now?
    I'm not sure actually. I did have periods that were 2 weeks apart, and when that happened it was very light. But I assumed it was a period that was very light, so maybe it was the same as the spotting you are experiencing. Probably the best thing to do is to check it out, but I wouldn't worry yourself about it. It will just make you feel better to get an "all clear" from the doc.

Nornie

Old 11-10-2004, 05:56 PM   #6
    Lynnmarie18
    (female)

Lynnmarie18 HB User

Nance77,
    How are you doing since your last message?

Old 11-10-2004, 09:00 PM   #7
    Nance77
    (female)

Nance77 HB User

Quote:
    Nance77,
    How are you doing since your last message?
    Hi
    I went to the gyn and she gave me low dose birth control pills to stop the bleeding and regulate my periods...Its been 3 wks now, and I was still having a light period...She said it might take a week until it stops with the pills..I really didnt want to take them, but at this point, I was sick of the bleeding and spotting...I have an appt in Dec. to see how things are, and she will do an ultrasound at that time...If the pills work, I will continue to take them for awhile....
    How are u doing? Did your bleeding/spotting stop? Have you seen your doctor? She also ordered an FSH test (bloodwork) for me before I started the BC pills, but dont have the results yet...I just hope this works and when I go for the ultrasound, it doesnt indicate that I need an endometrial biopsy, as I am scared to death to have it done, as I heard its very painful and they do it in the office with no numbing, etc....
    Let me know how things are going with you and what your plans are next..
    Take Care

Old 11-11-2004, 07:15 AM   #8
    Lynnmarie18
    (female)

Lynnmarie18 HB User

Nance77,
    Heres how its been for a couple of months.For 2 months I was 2 weeks late for my period.Then the spotting/bleeding in between the last one.Then on Sunday(a week early) I got what seems to be a full blown period.Now it lightened up but am still bleeding.I forgot to mention that the first month my period was 2 weeks late I was on my forth month of Accutane.No B/C.I am now off of the accutane and I really don't know if it really messed me up or not.I tried to do some research online but came up with nothing.I am so scared to death of going to the DR I may have no choice if this continues.My anxiety level is getting higher by the day.Thanx for keeping me updated and I hope the meds work for you.

Old 11-11-2004, 12:05 PM   #9
    JudeNZ
    (female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User

So good to have somewhere to share our concerns isn't it.

I suspect it is peri, but as suggested, if concerned see a Dr to check things out.

My periods changed a year ago when I first started flooding. Then 6 mths ago I started having spotting for 3 - 5 days before a period. Then it would hit hard. Last 2 mths, no spotting before, but straight into my period. They came at Day 30 and Day 42. Heavy, but no flooding. Then a week after first one, 2 days of intermittent dark brown mucous. Not actual bleeding, and only when I wiped, and not on pad.

Last week started with spotting, dark brown mucous again, miniscule amounts, and not every day. Then yesterday got my period on Day 29. So they're all over the place. Seems the spotting is very normal. But no idea what this one will be like. But shocking low down pains so far today.

Had PMS for the first time since I can remember. Man was I a grouchy momma bear 2 days before it hit. Also the sorest breasts, and lying on my tum in bed was an effort. They feel almost normal today.

We can no make longer make plans for anything can we - adds to the interest of life, and no more period will be worth all this upheaval. Hope you're coping better with what is happening.

Jude

Closed Thread