It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Post Menopausal Bleeding...Not on HRT

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-14-2004, 12:43 PM   #1
    noodles886
    (female)

noodles886 HB User
    Post Menopausal Bleeding...Not on HRT

Has anyone experienced post menopausal bleeding 3+ years later? Would like to hear from women who had this and it turned out NOT to be uterine cancer. I am not on HRT and my gyn doesn't think it's hormonal based on my age (59) and the number of years ago I went through menopause. What other reasons are there for post menopausal bleeding? Infection? Vaginal dryness? UTI? The bleeding I experienced was very light to moderate. Have seen no signs of it for about a week and a half.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
    Nance77
    (female)

Nance77 HB User
    Re: Post Menopausal Bleeding...Not on HRT

Hi..
    You need to have any post menopausal bleeding checked out by your gyn...It could be polyps, infection, fibroids, or very rarely cancer.....Better to be safe though......They may want to do an ultrasound or an endometrial biopsy, which is a common office proceure now, just to rule things out...
    Take care and let us know how u are doing...

Old 12-14-2004, 02:17 PM   #3
    noodles886
    (female)

noodles886 HB User

I've already seen my gyn. Problem is I have huge fibroid (6-7 mos. pregnancy size) and he says endometrial biopsy or D & C might be difficult to do to determine cause of bleeding. Wants to do hysterectomy to get rid of fibroid and possibly any other problem. Fibroid doesn't bother me and that's why I haven't had it removed before.

Old 12-14-2004, 02:25 PM   #4
    Nance77
    (female)

Nance77 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by noodles886
    I've already seen my gyn. Problem is I have huge fibroid (6-7 mos. pregnancy size) and he says endometrial biopsy or D & C might be difficult to do to determine cause of bleeding. Wants to do hysterectomy to get rid of fibroid and possibly any other problem. Fibroid doesn't bother me and that's why I haven't had it removed before.
    If it is just one large fibroid that may be causing the problem, cant he remove it without doing an entire hysterectomy? I had a problem with a large fibroid (the size of a softball) that was causing alot of bleeding problems, and they removed it surgically....
    I would think he could probably do the biopsy as an outpatient under anesthesia along with a D & C to make sure of the cause of the bleeding...
    Maybe you should get a 2nd opinion...

Closed Thread